Sponsored

Custom paint or vinyl wrap opinion and costs?

Billyblvrd

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Unlimited Sahara Unlimited lifted w/lost of stuff. 2021 Rubicon 392 on order :)
Anyone have experience getting an aftermarket custom paint or vinyl wrap? Not looking to do any crazy graphics, just looking to get a color I like better than what Jeep offers. Was wondering which is better and what I should expect for costs, Wrangler Unlimited. Thanks!
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum.

I wouldn’t bother repainting a brand new vehicle. The amount of money you will need to pay to obtain good results will be prohibitive, and will likely kill the Jeep’s resale.

Vinyl wrap is easier, less costly and, more importantly, can be undone. Still, be prepared to pay several thousand dollars for a good wrap job.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
i would assume 3-4k for a good shop to do it. Vinyl has come a long way most offer 5-7 year warrantees and they look great

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I cant see a wrap lasting more than a few years at best before fading, and that would be on a quality product. I have seen year-old commercial wrapped vehicles fade, however that's with print & vivid colors. If you plan to keep your Jeep a long time, I would think painting it would be a better solution. If you were lucky enough to have a black or grey one, you wouldn't necessarily need to paint any of the door jams or such. As long as you used a mainstream factory Jeep color, I would be surprised if it negatively affected resale value. YRMV

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Proline Wraps is probably the most cost efficient way to change the look. Their kits come in separate precut pieces, that are easy to diy. No need to remove door handles, hinges, etc and the material is self healing from scratches. If a piece gets too damaged, it can be replaced without redoing the whole Jeep.

https://prolinewraps.com/
Sponsored