Custom order listed on dealer website?

jbutterweck

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Is it normal for a custom order to show up on the dealer site like it's for sale? I'm supposed to pick mine up after work today and noticed it is listed on the dealer's website. There are six others listed as well all with stock photos so I assume they are all custom orders. Not worried about them actually selling it to someone else since my sales guy already ran my credit and started paperwork. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else haha!
Sponsored

Hitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Willys Sport; ‘96 Corvette Conv.
I picked mine up this past Saturday and it never showed up on the dealer website.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Is it normal for a custom order to show up on the dealer site like it's for sale? I'm supposed to pick mine up after work today and noticed it is listed on the dealer's website. There are six others listed as well all with stock photos so I assume they are all custom orders. Not worried about them actually selling it to someone else since my sales guy already ran my credit and started paperwork. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else haha!
Some dealers do show them in inventory, some don’t. It’s not unusual either way.

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Inventory levels are so low they are showing anything they can to hope to bring someone in the door, where they can say "that one has sold, but there's this one left" trying to make it seem like demand is even higher, and there's a sense of urgency for the customer to sign and purchase right now before everything is gone. Not quite a "bait and switch' but close.
Some dealers are also posting vehicles that are "inbound" and they don't actually have as being available.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have ordered many jeeps. Most, if not all, have showed up on the dealership website. Nothing to worry about.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I would imagine that since many have stock photos, some dealerships have automated the feed of info for vehicles that are en route to them from the factory. So as soon as something shows "shipped", an automated process pulls the sticker info and sets up a profile for the Jeep and feeds it to their website. Lots of e-commerce websites have automated feeds like this.

Could also be a little "insurance" in case you back out of it - they'll have already generated some attention, etc. They could easily just tell an interested customer that they sold that one, but have these others ones, etc.
Sponsored