Sponsored

Custom lift: What parts do you recommend?

OP
OP
Rony

Rony

First Name
Rony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Kawasaki Z650
With a 4door it is a good thing to get the coil lift to get better breakover angle. And since you have such a long wheelbase I wouldnt worry much about getting an extra inch.

My recommendation. Buy adjustable bumpstops when you get your lift kit. Then cycle your suspension and add as little bumpstop you can to get as much uptravel as possible. Most lift kits add too much bumpstop.
Thank you.

MC has really good adjustable bump stops that should be really easy to work with so I'll probably go with them.
Sponsored

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Clayton Off-Road 1.5" Coils
Teraflex 0.5" spring coil spacers x4
Fox 2.0 IFP 2-3" Shocks
Teraflex jounce bump stops
MetalCloak front and rear adjustable trackbar
Apex Designs Autolynx Swaybars

Installed in Canada by West Coast Off-Roaders, North Vancouver - BC

I am not yet on 35s, but there is plenty clearance for a true sized 34 or 34.4" 315s

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I live in Canada so not sure how much I can actually buy off here, but I'm definitely planning to wait for black Friday/holiday deals as it's not too far away.

How was the anti rock scary? Does it feel like you're going to roll over?
Cause the entire point is to replace the sway bar, isn't it?
If you've only driven cars or trucks with tight steering setups, going to an antirock will be a very different sensation. It still performs like a sway bar but there is more give in it than a traditional (by design). If you've driven old farm trucks and random military rigs, then it won't feel so different.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rony

Rony

First Name
Rony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clayton Off-Road 1.5" Coils
Teraflex 0.5" spring coil spacers x4
Fox 2.0 IFP 2-3" Shocks
Teraflex jounce bump stops
MetalCloak front and rear adjustable trackbar
Apex Designs Autolynx Swaybars

Installed in Canada by West Coast Off-Roaders, North Vancouver - BC

I am not yet on 35s, but there is plenty clearance for a true sized 34 or 34.4" 315s
I see you overland. How much lift did you actually get from this setup?

I want to fit true 35s and off road as well so I will need the articulation 2-3" will give me.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I see you overland. How much lift did you actually get from this setup?

I want to fit true 35s and off road as well so I will need the articulation 2-3" will give me.
I got about 3 to 3.25 inches of lift (mostly 3.25 everywhere but the right-front ..esp when full tank and passenger seated)

I am still on 33s, so articulation hasn't been a problem. I am on the waitlist for Open Country AT3 35x11.5. If I see rubbing issues in front after 35s, I might just replace the coil springs in the front with a Synergy 2" coil. I don't blv in all the hype that a full-kit is "tuned" to work in harmony... with the amount of weight distribution variation in JL wrangler models (with specific combinations of hardtop, engine etc), there is no such thing as "tuned/tested" full-kit. As long as you know what variables you are playing with, you should pick what works for your needs.

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
I would recommend our JKS J-Krawl kit for your specific needs. It delivers high articulation, full adjustability, and extreme durability for on and off-road use with J-Flex upper and lower control arms and FOX shocks. Also includes our dual-rate springs, JKS adjustable track bar, and Quicker Disconnects.

Jeep Wrangler JL Custom lift: What parts do you recommend? JKRAWL.PNG

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey there!

If you're just looking for recommendations on which parts to purchase when building your own lift, at the bare minimum I would recommend:
  • Front Upper Adjustable Control Arms, to adjust your Caster angle.
  • Front and Rear Adjustable Track Bars, to re-center both axles.
  • Coil Springs front and rear of course.
  • Sway bar end links front and rear, so that your factory links don't act as limiting straps.
If you plan on doing any light wheeling with the vehicle, I would also recommend a set of bump stop extensions front and rear so you don't rub your fenders.

For the best on and off-road performance, it would always be best to go with a complete system that comes with all 8 adjustable control arms, but those are what we consider to be essential for any vehicle getting lifted!

This is how we design our Ride Right kits, which basically are just entry-level versions of our complete Overland Plus kit. Take a look if you're interested, you can even use it as a sort of guide when piecing together your lift for what parts to look for.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-25-ride-right-lift-kit-4dr-2018-jl-4xe

OP
OP
Rony

Rony

First Name
Rony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would recommend our JKS J-Krawl kit for your specific needs. It delivers high articulation, full adjustability, and extreme durability for on and off-road use with J-Flex upper and lower control arms and FOX shocks. Also includes our dual-rate springs, JKS adjustable track bar, and Quicker Disconnects.

Jeep Wrangler JL Custom lift: What parts do you recommend? JKRAWL.PNG
Already locked on adjustable bump stops from MetalCloak and adjustable 3.3 Falcon shock.

1. Can I buy parts separately?
2. How well would your springs work with the Falcon shocks?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rony

Rony

First Name
Rony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey there!

If you're just looking for recommendations on which parts to purchase when building your own lift, at the bare minimum I would recommend:
  • Front Upper Adjustable Control Arms, to adjust your Caster angle.
  • Front and Rear Adjustable Track Bars, to re-center both axles.
  • Coil Springs front and rear of course.
  • Sway bar end links front and rear, so that your factory links don't act as limiting straps.
If you plan on doing any light wheeling with the vehicle, I would also recommend a set of bump stop extensions front and rear so you don't rub your fenders.

For the best on and off-road performance, it would always be best to go with a complete system that comes with all 8 adjustable control arms, but those are what we consider to be essential for any vehicle getting lifted!

This is how we design our Ride Right kits, which basically are just entry-level versions of our complete Overland Plus kit. Take a look if you're interested, you can even use it as a sort of guide when piecing together your lift for what parts to look for.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-25-ride-right-lift-kit-4dr-2018-jl-4xe
Definitely.

My build will include:
Adjustable bump stops - MetalCloak
Shocks - Falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks
Front and rear springs - debating between triple rate from Rock Krawler or dual rate (brand TBD)
Full set control arms - brand TBD
Sway bar links - brand TBD
Front and rear track bars - brand TBD

My goals are to get better than stock on road and great articulation off road.
Looking for 2.5" cause I'll probably get 3" from that.

Last edited:

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
What made you choose Falcon 3.3 shocks?

OP
OP
Rony

Rony

First Name
Rony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What made you choose Falcon 3.3 shocks?
I'm not sure how soft/firm I want the ride to be yet so if I go with the adjustable shocks, I have some room to play with.

Other than that, Falcon are really decent and reputable shocks.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
MC 2.5” GC lift with RockJock stabilizer relocation mounts and Synergy rear TB relocation bracket and SteerSmarts Sector shaft brace.

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
Already locked on adjustable bump stops from MetalCloak and adjustable 3.3 Falcon shock.

1. Can I buy parts separately?
2. How well would your springs work with the Falcon shocks?
Our coil springs are compatible with Falcon shocks and a lot of people choose our dual-rate springs to match up to Bilstein, Falcon, RC, and other brands. I prefer the FOX Adventure Series or FOX 2.0 with our JKS spring because that has the best ride in my opinion.
Sponsored