Sponsored

Custom in-floor Subwoofer Enclosure: 2 or 4 door

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
We leave the seat out in our 2 door, but still use all that space for dogs, trips, camping, wheeling, etc. So the loss of space wasn't an option, but I knew we needed more bass. I had the local stereo shop look at my options and he found ~ 1 cubic foot in the floor. Was able to fit this Focal 10" sub (RSB-250). It's running off an MB Quart 400.1 sub amp, mounted on the MBQuart under-seat amp tray (with their other whole Jeep upgrade setup).

In all, I'm very pleased. In retrospect, I should have started at the stereo shop, as the MB Quart amps don't have crossovers, so the fronts are playing bass with the rear. Not the worst thing to happen in the world & still a massive upgrade.

The sub though is pretty darned amazing. The grille stick up only about 5/8", and we can drop it further if it becomes an issue.

Loss of the cover's hinge function is the only issue (still slides right out).
Oh, and the green paint doesn't match the Gecko - will worry about that down the road.

Sounds great!

IMG-3892.jpg

IMG-3896.jpg
Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Did they build the box or was that something that is available? Running the stage 6 and added the 400.1 amp but I rewired the stock 4 coil sub in my JLU to show the amp a 2 ohm load.

OP
OP

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
The shop built it, but made templates so he can recreate it for others.
How's your rewired factory sub doing with that 400.1?

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The shop built it, but made templates so he can recreate it for others.
How's your rewired factory sub doing with that 400.1?
Haven't killed it yet and it sounds pretty good. I figured that if it was good enough for @carstereochick 's customers that I should be ok and that if I killed it, Quart's drop in replacement will be out soon. However the only thing I have to compare it to is her stock JL Alpine system.

roxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Looks good! Is the enclosure fiberglass or did they do an MDF stack? Is the internal volume actually 1cuft or is that just what they told you was available based on the overall dimensions of the storage compartment? Do you have the factory Alpine or just tjhe base stereo?

Sponsored

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
The 4 door enclosure in the back is a different shape and has less volume than the 2 door. I did see a guy a while back who deleted the rear muffler, took the stock tray out, and there’s a lot more room. He got as far as making a mock up of the space, but didn’t post anything further.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because the 2 door uses that space for the sub and the 4 door it's on the pass side behind the back seat.
Sponsored