Custom Fit Neoprene Seat covers

spinxt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
9 months out of the year my wife and I love the leather seats in our JL. That said, I anticipate June-Aug they will likely get uncomfortably hot (particularly when the top is off).

I’m interested in custom-fit neoprene seat covers for the JL. I’ve found countless options of companies selling generic covers designed to fit a variety of vehicles, however I’m looking for a tighter more custom-fit around the JL seats.
Any ideas?
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I"ve got the smittybilt gen 2 (?) covers & love 'em

they even work with the seat heaters
No damage to the leather while you have these on?

I'd like to get a set for the summer months, but am slightly concerned about whatever the backing of this is grinding against the factory leather all summer, etc.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S

I'd like to get a set for the summer months, but am slightly concerned about whatever the backing of this is grinding against the factory leather all summer, etc.
I've actually only got the cloth seats, but the material is what's known in the diving community as "nylon 2", meaning nylon on both sides of the neoprene (think of a rubber sandwich with nylon bread

Sponsored

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
IMO, neoprene seat covers are hot too. Bartacts are much more comfortable, durable and less likely to fade.

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I've had great success with Wet Okole seat covers, personally. First thing I buy for every vehicle.

www.wetokole.com

Cheers,
-CM-

calbake

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got the Rough Country neoprene covers. I don’t have factory leather so can’t really speak to that, but they fit perfect over my factory cloth seats. Very very tight fit. So much so that the untrained eye wouldn’t know they were covers.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
I’ve got the Rough Country neoprene covers. I don’t have factory leather so can’t really speak to that, but they fit perfect over my factory cloth seats. Very very tight fit. So much so that the untrained eye wouldn’t know they were covers.
I have the same on my JK and JL. They are great.

Sam

bshaw4377

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I like my Diver Down covers from Quadratec. Had a set on my JK and now on my JL. They clean up nice and are perfect for my dog but as others said about neoprene, they get warm, especially in the summer.
Also important to know, some cover up the armrest build into the backseat. I don't have people in the back often but if you do that's just something to look for when you're buying a set.

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L

I have the Smittybilt and they are fine. Less expensive than Wet Okole but not as nice looking either.

The neoprene portion is actually sandwiched in between less dense layers of foam. You will see in the photo the red marking of the neoprene with a gray spongelike foam on either side. I’ve had these for a few seasons now and there is no effect on the leather.

Neoprene feels dense and rubbery when you squeeze it. I attached a photo of my neoprene dive booties for an example Of what neoprene looks like versus that gray foam in the Smittybilt.

65F4737D-0F48-417F-AFCF-C5B2CF2E20EB.jpeg

08645C44-029D-494D-A8DD-766E94097195.jpeg

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
IMO, neoprene seat covers are hot too. Bartacts are much more comfortable, durable and less likely to fade.
Got the bartacts. Hella good at not letting water thru... Hella scratchy on my thighs.

DGT

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel, Ford Excursion,Volvo XC70
I second wetokole.com seat covers recommendation. They are the best there are - custom to the seat and safe on the original seat material.
Sponsored