Sponsored

Custom Decal Question

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I would like to replace the Rubicon decal on the hood with a decal that is gloss black on the outside and flat black inside. Basically stock but gloss black in place of the gloss red.

It seems most of the vinyl decals online are a vinyl on top of vinyl. I like how the factory decal is one. Anyone have recommendations for who to contact with a request like this?

I appreciate the help. Thanks.
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Try Pixeldecals.com

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
I would like to replace the Rubicon decal on the hood with a decal that is gloss black on the outside and flat black inside. Basically stock but gloss black in place of the gloss red.

It seems most of the vinyl decals online are a vinyl on top of vinyl. I like how the factory decal is one. Anyone have recommendations for who to contact with a request like this?

I appreciate the help. Thanks.
The manufacturing process the factory uses to achieve that effect is not one that anyone but a gigantic commercial operation would have, that's why all the custom versions you see are layered vinyl. The way I do them, I don't think it's noticeable unless you are right on top of the decal looking at it to pick out how its made. I've made thousands of hard rock style decals for the JK and already hundreds of JL Rubcon style customs too. Matte Black on top of a gloss vinyl to provide an outline looks really sharp.

Envy_Jeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
send me a PM I can set you up with my decal guy. All of mine have been redone purple and black.
IMG_3523.JPG
Sponsored