Sponsored

Custom "Color-Block" Jeep?

Would you like to see color block options?

• Total voters

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
The other day I was looking at Eddie Bauer's website for a new jacket and came across the ability to custom design a jacket in color blocks any way you want it to look.

I really wanted a Rubicon with with a black grill like the Willy's edition. So that started me thinking... thinking about a Color Block Wrangler edition.

The possibilities are endless. It would let everyone express their creativity on the canvas of their vehicle.
Some would be beautiful and other would just be just - creative.

Screenshot_20180120-111335.png
Jeep Color Block Granite Red.jpg Jeep Color Block RWB.jpg

Screenshot_20180120-111335.png
Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Ah yes, like the Nike shoe customizer. Talk about expanding your demographic.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I'll take Nam era olive drab with a clear coat.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
yea thats a bit too customized for a car dealer to handle lol it would cost a premium for them to ship it to a custom paint place I am sure

I mean I get it they could just install painted parts from different paint selections on their list but talk about an assembly nightmare if you had all kinds of different stuff coming in

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'll take Nam era olive drab with a clear coat.
I like that as well. I think the color block is for people who love bold fashions and are creative by nature. But I like olive green as well.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I've seen vehicles like that on the street - but mostly the colors are primer only.

56nomad56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
I believe one of the high end Italian exotics (maybe Ferrari) will let you custom paint your car any color you want, but only if it passes for what it considers as an "appropriate" color. No Mary Kay pink!

I think the issue they would run into would be customers ordering weird color combinations and then deciding they hated it when it arrived, leaving the dealer with a Punk'n orange jeep with Mojito doors and Firecracker red roof. When shopping for my BMW came across an E92 M3 that had been at a dealer for over a year; the customer had ordered a Le Mans blue interior with a fox red interior and didn't like it, sticking the dealer with a car they couldn't sell.

That said, I'm sure people could come up with some pretty great color combos.

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
yea thats a bit too customized for a car dealer to handle lol it would cost a premium for them to ship it to a custom paint place I am sure

I mean I get it they could just install painted parts from different paint selections on their list but talk about an assembly nightmare if you had all kinds of different stuff coming in
I think it would require an interactive configurator just like the Eddie Bauer software configurator.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
There are several German manufacturers that do this that I know of.....Audi, Bmw and Porsche. I am sure there are others too.
As an owner of several BMWs I have been on the forums with members that had cars built to their liking.... The program is called individual, for a premium of $5k you can pick the color you want your car to be painted in and it can be from other manufacturer color palette as well.... you can get the interior done to your taste as well with the materials that you like..... itā€™s all about making money, and these builds are not cheap.

It would be cool to see something like this to maybe a smaller scale and maybe just open up the paint choices to anything previous used by Jeep. I would think it would still be expensive though. With all the custom paint orders lining up, and frequently cleaning and changing the paint in the bots, I am not sure it can be much cheaper then what BMW charges for an individual paint color.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
I've seen vehicles like that on the street - but mostly the colors are primer only.
Haha yes! Also looks like someone pulled junkyard parts and threw them on after an accident. See those around too. Now that's what those JL pics look like to me lol

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly, it reminds me of the kids the blew all their money on the Honda bumpers but could not afford paint yet and install them anyways. Metallic blue car with primer grey fenders, an orange grocery cart wing, white bumpers, and a carbon fiber hood.

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Color Block Firecracker Red and Sting Grey.jpg
I like some mono colored jeeps as well. I tend to like them in the more subdued color pallet in the monotones.

Personally I like the black plastic fenders on my '14 Rubicon, which are already a color-block version.

However... Here is some thing a little in between "creative-for-creative-sake" and the Monotone variant. This is more of what I would like to see.

This is a Firecracker Red, with Sting Grey lid and accents and my favorite "Willy's Black grill. It would have looked better with some black wheels.

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Maybe get a buddy to order a different color with body colored hard top and painted fenders and then swap the parts. Mojito and Firecracker red, Hella yellow and black, and many others. You could create your own Very Special edition.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Man it seems like 1996 was so long ago, I give you the 1996 VW Golf Harlequin

CB20BD94-89C5-4A18-BEB5-E278FCB166B1.jpeg

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
This will never happen. No way a dealer would risk getting stuck with a vehicle that they may not be able so sell.

That's one of the reasons why wraps were invented.
Sponsored