Sponsored

Custom buttons for the Mopar Auxiliary Switch Bank?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I did a quick Photoshop of the Mopar Auxiliary Switch Bank and am curious if anyone has thought about custom buttons for it? Assuming it's not too difficult to take apart without breaking, I'd imagine it wouldn't be hard to replace these buttons with ones labeled as their function. I know OTRATTW can easily make custom icons and text on Carling switches and what not, but how difficult would it be to manufacture something like this (where they work with the dash lighting)?

s-l1600.jpg
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Would love this. Pixel decals was trying but I think stickers would be not a go for me. These would be killer to custom order them for all 4. Problem is each button is different so it would have to be custom as we all don't put the same things on the same switch.

RedWranger

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I bet it would be possible to remove the painted letters with something like mineral spirits or the like and then apply come custom vinyl decals on. The scariest thing though would be finding the right product to remove the painted letters without mucking up the buttons themselves.

OP
OP
Spank

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I bet it would be possible to remove the painted letters with something like mineral spirits or the like and then apply come custom vinyl decals on. The scariest thing though would be finding the right product to remove the painted letters without mucking up the buttons themselves.
They're not painted letters. They're cut into the buttons, hence why I'm curious if there is a way to get these made to allow lighting to pass through. If that isn't important to some folks, creating labels for these things would be easy and they'd simply be affixed over the current ones. However, I'd like to retain as much of an OEM look as possible.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I agree. I just watched this video and I am trying to find out where these stickers came from (stickers are at 9:02):

@XTJake

Where did these custom labeled AUX switches come from?

Sponsored

hawgwld

First Name
Hawgwld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Hey guys - I messaged Pixel Decal and he is interested in making and asked me to take a poll of what decals/labels that everyone wants. I set up a poll here -

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/aux-switch-decals-labels-what-would-you-want.45777/
Hey...looking for the same thing. Thanks to another members...they pointed me to your post. Here is link to what I posted
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ry-switches-custom-covers.46523/#post-1020209

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
@pixeldecals any word on this? Just a thought, manufacturers that make custom key caps for keyboards (a lot these days have 2 materials to allow light to shine through) could be a good partner.

29_Palms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I agree. I just watched this video and I am trying to find out where these stickers came from (stickers are at 9:02):

I like having the identifiers, but I'm not sure about a winch taking up three of the four switches, should be hooked up directly to the battery anyway. Plus there is an advantage IMO in having handheld operation while outside of the vehicle. Need some tags though!

Last edited: