OP

PoMi

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Judging by the broken shock seals. I would say you bottomed out pretty hard.

Which means you did land from a certain height. Whether you jumped or not I don't know.
But I do know that there are a lot of opportunities to land pretty hard when you are playing around in the dunes, and these Jeeps are not designed to be jumped like Raptors.
i added the video

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I added the video
Interesting video.
The video unexpectedly cuts off at 12 second mark, with 4 wheels spinning, so I assumed the front drive shaft was still intact at this point. Curious what happened after.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I added the video
here in so cal we call that dirt. but, that might be spanish for sand, not sure...

if that's all you did, that's nuts that happened. seems like the ds snapped for some reason and allowed the axle to move forward which bent the UCAs, while reversing? i dunno. i have a business degree, not engineering. ill shut up now.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
i added the video
That doesn't look like it was bad enough to cause that amount of damage, but the front wheel was wobbling like crazy right at the end while spinning.
here in so cal we call that dirt. but, that might be spanish for sand, not sure...

if that's all you did, that's nuts that happened. seems like the ds snapped for some reason and allowed the axle to move forward which bent the UCAs, while reversing? i dunno. i have a business degree, not engineering. ill shut up now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Curvature of Upper Control Arms and Front Axle dammit-jim-im-a-doctor-not-an-engineer

WilderJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Interesting video.
The video unexpectedly cuts off at 12 second mark, with 4 wheels spinning, so I assumed the front drive shaft was still intact at this point. Curious what happened after.
Still think this is bs, front wheels were under power for the full video

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

That doesn't look like it was bad enough to cause that amount of damage, but the front wheel was wobbling like crazy right at the end while spinning.

Jeep Wrangler JL Curvature of Upper Control Arms and Front Axle dammit-jim-im-a-doctor-not-an-engineer
lmao i was actually going to say that but sadly, i am not a doctor either :(

Sponsored

OP
OP

PoMi

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Interesting video.
The drive shaft was cutted in the revers second after i dont have the full video the people who were there sent it to me...
i know it was cuted on the revers because this point i heard the noise and according to the torque direction.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
The drive shaft was cutted in the revers second after i dont have the full video the people who were there sent it to me...
i know it was cuted on the revers because this point i heard the noise and according to the torque direction.
Perhaps you high-centred on the hill, with a lot of weight on the drive shaft and bouncing around. And when you reversed into it you snapped it off and dragged the front axles to have it curl upwards towards your bumper, bending the upper control arms.

If I were you, I'd trade in the vehicle at this point. The cost for out of pocket repairs is probably higher than the depreciation.

P.S. I can't help but keep staring at the Jeep next to yours in the video, seems like they're having the same troubles as well.

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Oh those are the new 2022 jeep uca’s suprised you got them already, they add more caster and take the shimmy out of the steering wheel

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
His video actually makes sense. He broke the driveshaft on the way up and when reversing his yoke was dragging in the sand and bent the upper control arms.

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
I'm impressed by the OP's crust; but, I'm not sure either FCA or a competent insurance adjuster would find as much humor in either his stunts or his obviously questionable story.

Many of us use our off-road vehicles aggressively. We often incur some type of damage as a result; but, seeing the high level of damage done to that brand new JLR is actually a bit painful.

In fact, I would suspect that such a high level of damage done to a brand spanking new JLR, the cavalier attitude toward it, and the seeming lack of candor about it are actually the kinds of things that make it harder and more expensive for the rest of us to deal with either FCA or our insurance companies when we seek to get our own vehicles repaired and maintained.
Sponsored