JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
What's good everyone.

I got a question about an Antorock set up front and rear leaving out all the tech or this and that because we get the math and geometry we're just looking for REAL time feedback.

We have read very vague if not extremely vague reviews on body roll and we are about to install a system in my Sons jeep. My question is what do you feel your input is on body roll with an Antirock system more, less, alot, a little and have you tested with stabili track off.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
XX4XEXX

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yes sir were aiming for Saturday but I was trying to get insight 1st at 1200$ :/

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts after you've installed it.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
You will flip over and die the jeep will spontaneously combust as well....A little more body roll is expected, more or less depending on the bar thickness you get. Daily driving barely a noticeable difference, only through hard turns you can feel it lean a little more, does it feel unsafe? not at all, it just takes a drive or 2 to get used to if you're used to driving a car. I can/could take corners at normal speed and the body roll feel is negligible. Everyone has a personal preference on how they prefer vehicles to handle though. in my opinion drive style and feel didnt change over stock, just such a bigger benefit offroad not having to disconnect and having the body feel so much more stable on off camber situations and the like.

Sponsored

OP
OP
XX4XEXX

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
It's not that he will use the Stabili track but I didnt want him to feel less incontrol for offroad gains. Thanks for the feed back were gunna give then a go this weekend and hit some trails.

You will flip over and die the jeep will spontaneously combust as well....A little more body roll is expected, more or less depending on the bar thickness you get. Daily driving barely a noticeable difference, only through hard turns you can feel it lean a little more, does it feel unsafe? not at all, it just takes a drive or 2 to get used to if you're used to driving a car. I can/could take corners at normal speed and the body roll feel is negligible. Everyone has a personal preference on how they prefer vehicles to handle though. in my opinion drive style and feel didnt change over stock, just such a bigger benefit offroad not having to disconnect and having the body feel so much more stable on off camber situations and the like.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
What's good everyone.

I got a question about an Antorock set up front and rear leaving out all the tech or this and that because we get the math and geometry we're just looking for REAL time feedback.

We have read very vague if not extremely vague reviews on body roll and we are about to install a system in my Sons jeep. My question is what do you feel your input is on body roll with an Antirock system more, less, alot, a little and have you tested with stabili track off.

Thanks
I've had the front and rear
.770" Antirocks on my JLUR for about a year and a half now. Like Moto_21 said, the difference in body roll is immediately noticeable, but not enough that it disappears after a short ride or two.

For reference, my JLUR is on 40x13.5's and sitting about 6" over stock suspension height, courtesy of the 4.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger. My wheels are 17x9 with 4.53" of backspace, so my track width has increased by over 7".

Jeep Wrangler JL Currie Antirock Question or Feedback 20210815_141454
Jeep Wrangler JL Currie Antirock Question or Feedback 20210816_101415
Jeep Wrangler JL Currie Antirock Question or Feedback 20210816_101605
Jeep Wrangler JL Currie Antirock Question or Feedback 20221119_112300

OP
OP
XX4XEXX

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Now we're talking! Thanks. My Son is a recent double amputee via drunk drunk illegal so it ut most important how he controls. Thanks

I've had the front and rear
.770" Antirocks on my JLUR for about a year and a half now. Like Moto_21 said, the difference in body roll is immediately noticeable, but not enough that it disappears after a short ride or two.

For reference, my JLUR is on 40x13.5's and sitting about 6" over stock suspension height, courtesy of the 4.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger. My wheels are 17x9 with 4.53" of backspace, so my track width has increased by over 7".

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now we're talking! Thanks. My Son is a recent double amputee via drunk drunk illegal so it ut most important how he controls. Thanks
My most sincerest of thoughts go out to your son, yourself, and your family! I mean that with all of my heart, Joshua!

The fact that you and your son are focusing on something constructive is a wonderful thing, and in my humble opinion, the best move to make. He's going to be a better and stronger man for not letting this defeat him.

Please give him my best wishes, and that I'm rooting for him to keep moving onward and upwards!

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
I kept my anti rock from my last jeep over to this one. I love the ride. Very little difference in roll. Just a slight bit at first turn in. I have the heavy bar. I do not see myself ever going back.
Glad to see you and your son doing this stuff together. Best of luck.

Sponsored

Res68

First Name
Alysabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Neuroscientist
I ran just the front and no sway bar in the rear for about a year and a half, which was a trip to get used to but had no issues once I did. However, about a month ago I finally got the rear one in and it’s a tremendous difference in on pavement manners and off-road capabilities. On pavement is smoothed out a ton of road noise, and off pavement it made body roll nearly non existent. I ran Holcomb Creek the following day and going through the rutted hills was a trip because I couldn’t feel them and the hood stayed completely level the whole time. Crawling was also a cool experience because I could actually feel the crossbody tension happening which increased the stability overall, but I did have to adapt some to this new movement/response from the jeep because it pushed the body quite differently than having no rear (which shouldn’t be an issue for your son).
So TLDR: I could not suggest this setup more highly! But for the JL it is almost a necessity to run both front and rear unlike almost any other rig that typically runs just the front.

a picture showing the hood leveling. I have video on TikTok and IG if that would help: @res68rockin4lo
Jeep Wrangler JL Currie Antirock Question or Feedback 4B9DEEBA-D18E-4B79-9949-50BC15E3067C
Jeep Wrangler JL Currie Antirock Question or Feedback DE48F43F-6626-4B00-90B1-D87E9507276D

OP
OP
XX4XEXX

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yeah send me the link. We're not concerned in wheeling it's the on road. The JL is going to get hand controls soon and I don't want to add roll on road for him. I should of posted on road feedback....

I ran just the front and no sway bar in the rear for about a year and a half, which was a trip to get used to but had no issues once I did. However, about a month ago I finally got the rear one in and it’s a tremendous difference in on pavement manners and off-road capabilities. On pavement is smoothed out a ton of road noise, and off pavement it made body roll nearly non existent. I ran Holcomb Creek the following day and going through the rutted hills was a trip because I couldn’t feel them and the hood stayed completely level the whole time. Crawling was also a cool experience because I could actually feel the crossbody tension happening which increased the stability overall, but I did have to adapt some to this new movement/response from the jeep because it pushed the body quite differently than having no rear (which shouldn’t be an issue for your son).
So TLDR: I could not suggest this setup more highly! But for the JL it is almost a necessity to run both front and rear unlike almost any other rig that typically runs just the front.

a picture showing the hood leveling. I have video on TikTok and IG if that would help: @res68rockin4lo
Jeep Wrangler JL Currie Antirock Question or Feedback DE48F43F-6626-4B00-90B1-D87E9507276D

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah send me the link. We're not concerned in wheeling it's the on road. The JL is going to get hand controls soon and I don't want to add roll on road for him. I should of posted on road feedback....
I immediately found there to be less head toss during on road driving, after adding the front and rear Antirocks to my setup. When one side of the Jeep rolls through a dip or rise, the slightly softer sway bars allow the axles to follow the uneven contours of the road, without pulling at the frame/body as much when compared to the factory sway bars.

Not a monumental change, but a noticeable improvement in on road ride comfort that's worth mentioning.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
On road there is a slight bit more roll just having the front only. I will say it’s marginally worse and not something I noticed except for maybe the first drive or two, it was much better than some older SUVs I’ve driven in my life.

I’ll second that it smooths out the on road driving conditions if your interstate or normal roads are rough though, much more pleasant.

OP
OP
XX4XEXX

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Great. I didn't want to rip out the OE electro to end up worse. This helps!!

I immediately found there to be less head toss during on road driving, after adding the front and rear Antirocks to my setup. When one side of the Jeep rolls through a dip or rise, the slightly softer sway bars allow the axles to follow the uneven contours of the road, without pulling at the frame/body as much when compared to the factory sway bars.

Not a monumental change, but a noticeable improvement in on road ride comfort that's worth mentioning.
Sponsored