First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Correctional Officer - Maximum Security Prison
I got my 2018 Sahara JLU stock in July and so far have put about $10k in it, half came from my trade-in and the other half a loan (due to being impatient) lol but I think I've covered nearly everything from the lift and tires to fenders, bumpers, hood & lights except an exhaust and running boards. It's hard to tell from videos which exhaust sounds best but aside from figuring that out and picking out some running boards or rock sliders, what else would you guys recommend for mods without it looking overdone?

I'm still in my first year as a jeeper and since a couple months before I got my jeep this forum has been great for ideas and expertise on everything I've ever had questions on. So for about 8 months or so I've been on here creeping and gathering ideas so I just wanted to see what you guys thought of my first jeep build. Thanks so much!

Insta: @MegazordJLU

Current Mod List:
Rough Country 3.5" Suspension Lift
37x12.50 Mastercraft Courser MXTs
17" Fuel Maverick Wheels
DV8 Heat Vented Hood
DV8 Front Stubby Bumper
DV8 Light Bar Bracket
Rough Country 50" LED Light Bar
Road Armor Stealth Fenders
Road Armor Stealth Fender Inner Liners
Raptor Series Magnum Rear Bumper
One Up Lighting Rock Lights (not yet installed)

2018-jeep-wrangler-jlu-sahara-4dr-4x4-megazord-09-5d411ee2.jpg
Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Looks great. Where all have you been?

OP
OP
Morrison

Morrison

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Looks great. Where all have you been?
so far just the uwharrie national forest as far as trails, I've got some great pics and video on my instagram from there and then just a few shots recently on the blue ridge parkway it was a rainy/foggy day but still better scenery for pics than in front of my apartment lol but I'm looking forward to some snow pics soon and then more trails when it warms up

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™m staying more on the low down. Only a lift, wheels and tires on the outside. If added some storage items inside.
C5CE464B-E15E-48D2-93F0-CEE65B46CB52.jpeg

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
We look forward to heading the the mountains of East TN in March

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I live in Southern Indiana. Mine is my DD.

Most of my travel out of state has been for work and without my family unfortunately, bit I still get to drive my Jeep. Already been to Tennessee, Michigan, ON Canada, Ohio and several times to northern Kentucky. With my family we have been all over Southern Indiana and up into Central Illinois.

And that has all been since early September of ā€˜19. LOVING IT!!!!

OP
OP
Morrison

Morrison

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
I live in Southern Indiana. Mine is my DD.

Most of my travel out of state has been for work and without my family unfortunately, bit I still get to drive my Jeep. Already been to Tennessee, Michigan, ON Canada, Ohio and several times to northern Kentucky. With my family we have been all over Southern Indiana and up into Central Illinois.

And that has all been since early September of ā€˜19. LOVING IT!!!!
that's awesome I definitely want to do more traveling soon and get some more great outdoors/mountain shots and trails. I got mine in July and only hit the trails once before the season ended wanted my new fenders first before I went again so I'd have better clearance

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sounds great. Iā€™m going to stay on the easy end of trails. I think it is awesome what a lot of people do but if your not careful it can get really expensive for repairs really quick and at the end of the day this thing is my DD. So I have to take care of it.

I have some friends that do some heavy duty trails and they love it, but complain all the time about this is damaged or that is damaged. Some of them even tow their rigs to where they are going to do trails. That kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion. But itā€™s theirs so whatever floats their boat and itā€™s their dime.

One of the beautiful things about the wrangler is how much you can make it yours. Kind of reminds me of antiques in a way. Meaning a lot of people donā€™t like them but for those of us that do, we can collect and surround ourselves with what we like and not just have the same home decor as everyone else within a ten mile radius. Who wants everything to be the same? Not me. Give me random with some choices that give character and Iā€™m good.

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice looking Jeep. The hood is a bit distracting, but it's growing on me :movember:

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
that's awesome I definitely want to do more traveling soon and get some more great outdoors/mountain shots and trails. I got mine in July and only hit the trails once before the season ended wanted my new fenders first before I went again so I'd have better clearance
Love the Road Armor fenders...if you're going to wheel it, a nice upgrade would be to sell the plastic steps and get some steel sliders.

OP
OP
Morrison

Morrison

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Sounds great. Iā€™m going to stay on the easy end of trails. I think it is awesome what a lot of people do but if your not careful it can get really expensive for repairs really quick and at the end of the day this thing is my DD. So I have to take care of it.

I have some friends that do some heavy duty trails and they love it, but complain all the time about this is damaged or that is damaged. Some of them even tow their rigs to where they are going to do trails. That kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion. But itā€™s theirs so whatever floats their boat and itā€™s their dime.

One of the beautiful things about the wrangler is how much you can make it yours. Kind of reminds me of antiques in a way. Meaning a lot of people donā€™t like them but for those of us that do, we can collect and surround ourselves with what we like and not just have the same home decor as everyone else within a ten mile radius. Who wants everything to be the same? Not me. Give me random with some choices that give character and Iā€™m good.
yeah mine is my DD too and definitely don't want any damage, I did easy and medium trails when I went to the uwharrie and everyone said my jeep made it look easy but I was definitely nervous quite a few times but I only have a couple tiny little paint chips here and there that I didn't find until I really wiped it down after a wash and looked close one day so, so far so good but yeah I agree I love the customization and making it your own and nobody mistaking your vehicle for anyone else's

OP
OP
Morrison

Morrison

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Love the Road Armor fenders...if you're going to wheel it, a nice upgrade would be to sell the plastic steps and get some steel sliders.
yeah rock sliders/running boards along with an exhaust are definitely next on my list, having trouble deciding which ones to go with
Sponsored