Sponsored

Cupped Tires on 2018 JLUR. Shock Problem?

samsjeepjlur

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Hello, I own a 2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited. I owned the car for about a year before I decided to install 35x12.5x17r BFG KM3’s. I did what I thought was enough research to spend the money on them and avoid the cost of getting a lift kit. After about a year and 25k miles, the two front tires have been severely cupped/scalloped/chopped (whatever you want to call it) and I was wondering if anybody knew how to fix it. Every shop I go always tells me something different. And it doesn’t seem like a very popular issue as I can’t find much on it online. Everything is stock from the factory except for the tires and wheels. I guess I had grown used to the noise and ride but I had been told that it sounded like it was bouncing going down the road. I’ve been told it may be the shocks, the springs, the control arms, the axels, and even that BFG is notorious for their tires doing this. Please fill me in on everything to do with this. Thanks
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

couple things i have been in the past with BFG tires they cup every set ive had has cupped including the KM3. With that so much comes into play. caster angle, alignment, shocks, etc. best way to get good miles out of bfg is 100% 3000 mile 5 or 4 tire rotation if you do not have a matching spare. next have you looked see if fluid leaking from any of the shocks or any extra bouncing once hitting a bump on the road way? next is air pressure, typically 30-32 psi runs the best foot print in my experience with BFG. but at best i wouldnt expect anything more that 30K of highway use on KM tires.