Sponsored

Cup Holder on a JL

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Does anyone know how to remove the black rubber cup holder i have to clean it I spilled some some soda
Sponsored

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I made the mistake of pulling the cup holder liner out after having spilled some coffee in it... Fast forward two hours later, I had the entire center console out to get that stupid little liner sandwiched back between the console trim pieces.

OP
OP
stoowie

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I made the mistake of pulling the cup holder liner out after having spilled some coffee in it... Fast forward two hours later, I had the entire center console out to get that stupid little liner sandwiched back between the console trim pieces.
Thats funny because I thought the little plastic between the two cup holders you could pinch it to remove the tray. But I guess NOT

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The whole thing pulls straight up and you could then wash it that way, but JUST the cupholders/liners apparently do not.

gkrash

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I broke that little black plastic piece in between mine thinking it would let me take the holder out as well :| - double sided tape holding it on now, but eventually I'll have to see if I can get a replacement..

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Back when I detailed cars, on real dirty cupholders that we couldn't remove, we'd spray the cleaner inside, use brushes to wipe it down, cover it with a rag and blow it out with an air nozzle.
Sponsored