First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Thanks brother, good to hear from you….haven’t seen you around for a minute, everything good ?
All good - lots of travel for work keeping me busy. They have me spending every third week in Germany helping to get things rolling again as we come out of covid. Two weeks home, one week over, and repeat.

I was under the Jeep today looking for source of an oil drip as going to hit the trails this weekend and thought about you and if you got the long arms so checked in and read all about it!

Hopefully by end of the year it slows down so I can become a regular again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
All good - lots of travel for work keeping me busy. They have me spending every third week in Germany helping to get things rolling again as we come out of covid. Two weeks home, one week over, and repeat.

I was under the Jeep today looking for source of an oil drip as going to hit the trails this weekend and thought about you and if you got the long arms so checked in and read all about it!

Hopefully by end of the year it slows down so I can become a regular again.
Sounds good……. Did you find the drip ? Mottos rear main is sweating a little, I think he put in some kinda stop leak or something.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Sounds good……. Did you find the drip ? Mottos rear main is sweating a little, I think he put in some kinda stop leak or something.
Luckily it seems to be from the front diff cover so I re-torqued it and checked fluid level and all ok. Was just one or two drips on the garage floor over 10 days of Jeep not being used.

I need to change front axle oil in about 5,000 more miles (remember I have a new front axle under warranty) and then will put the cover back on with liquid gasket to not have to worry until next change.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The track bar was contacting the exhaust at full stuff, so I cut the exhaust and added a piece to push the big ass muffler back some. I’m going to do different exhaust, but I’m looking for something quiet, not much louder than stock if any. Any suggestions ?

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 3C013643-FE82-4CA4-9FDB-7DA8B053F3C7
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… E77005E9-5BF4-4B8F-9294-E814D67DFB40
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 6200BC2B-CB36-49AF-B41D-C47049F887A6
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 66F3BEE2-99FB-4E70-B4E9-B045299B9C4F

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The track bar was contacting the exhaust at full stuff, so I cut the exhaust and added a piece to push the big ass muffler back some. I’m going to do different exhaust, but I’m looking for something quiet, not much louder than stock if any. Any suggestions ?

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 1637116721156
I have the Borla high clearance in their "touring" (quietest) version. It's a bit loud but does completely clean up the rear end for clearance and such.

I think it will work with your long arm setup.

But it is a bit louder.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Borla high clearance in their "touring" (quietest) version. It's a bit loud but does completely clean up the rear end for clearance and such.

I think it will work with your long arm setup.

But it is a bit louder.
I just listened to it, it’s not to bad, but I’m looking for something I probably can’t find, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it seems all those who want an aftermarket exhaust want louder. Not sure this makes sense on a Jeep....
What’s your take on the exhaust loop under the drivers seat. I’ve researched and all I’ve found is theories and opinions. I understand the premise but not sure I agree with it. But obviously FCA decided it was worth the extra pipe for hundreds of thousands of Jeeps.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
What’s your take on the exhaust loop under the drivers seat. I’ve researched and all I’ve found is theories and opinions. I understand the premise but not sure I agree with it. But obviously FCA decided it was worth the extra pipe for hundreds of thousands of Jeeps.
50 more ponies guaranteed

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'm a 2.0L so no loop.

The concept is keeping equal length on each of the "Y" helps scavenging somewhat. It can also be done to tune the exhaust note to sound more pleasing.

In my drag racing days this was quite common on V8 setups. Even with dual exhaust a "X" cross over was a benefit to get some scavenging.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a 2.0L so no loop.

The concept is keeping equal length on each of the "Y" helps scavenging somewhat. It can also be done to tune the exhaust note to sound more pleasing.

In my drag racing days this was quite common on V8 setups. Even with dual exhaust a "X" cross over was a benefit to get some scavenging.
Yeah, I get it, I’m just wondering if I get rid of it, what to expect as far as noise, performance etc…. It’s right by the upper/lower control arm bracket. It got hot enough to make the anti seize leak out. Afraid I’m gonna be going through raceways like underwear. I got it a lot better with heat shielding, but it looks like a monkey did it, well.. that’s not to far off but still……

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man! We have the Hooker Blackheart and like it. Slightly different than stock….slightly lower rumble without being obnoxious and is tucked a little higher. Check pics of ours.
Sponsored