JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Renegade Ltd, 15 Yukon Denali, 07 Yukon Denali
Awesome details here...will be looking back at all of this when I get my Jeep and start building!

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Renegade Ltd, 15 Yukon Denali, 07 Yukon Denali
Great! Thanks!

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD (overlander), 2002 TJ (rock crawler), 2016 Porsche Spyder (track)
Nice build. What made you decide on 4.5" BS? I thought for the larger builds you needed to go to 3.5"
I'm about to pull the trigger on the same suspension - RK 3.5" suspension with Fox 2.5.

OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice build. What made you decide on 4.5" BS? I thought for the larger builds you needed to go to 3.5"
I'm about to pull the trigger on the same suspension - RK 3.5" suspension with Fox 2.5.
Thanks Joe.........That’s RK recommended backspace for Rubi axles, probably would need 3.5” BS on Sport/Sahara axles beings there not as wide.

I like the look of the wheel sunk in, but I didn’t want to go to -38 offset which the 3.5 backspace is, so I opted for the -12 offset/4.5 backspace. I’m about 1/2“ to 3/4”away from the lower control arm at full lock turn.

Congrats on your new build.

OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Helping the wife understand the importance of picking her line. It’s just a small example but it was perfect for her to see the difference. You can see how slick it was when it stopped, you can see it slide back down.

This post is also exiting for me because I’ve just recently learned how to post videos on here... :)..... I’m not a very educated man, I can hold my own with a wrench but technology has left me in the dust I’m afraid.......😕. I know this is silly and mundane to you techy dudes, but I’m the old dog that learned a new trick even though they say it couldn’t be done.....🤣.

Last edited:

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
This whole time I thought Colby was a boy. Lol

OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For you guys using long travel shocks or coil overs and a Rancho diff skid, and are hearing a clunk when flexing rear wheels, it’s probably this......

295C8B8A-DAD1-4E8F-9D13-CD8DB848BA00.jpeg
9D437CA1-92CC-4F8B-90B5-7BCAFEF5BDDF.jpeg

Diff skid is hitting gas tank skid, when drooping drivers rear wheel......just a heads up.....:)

C66DF290-AA31-42C0-A029-8B94EFD65FDD.jpeg

Last edited:

jroman

First Name
Jorge
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice build Roky! Are you thinking of adding the Artec Truss kit to your axles?

OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice build Roky! Are you thinking of adding the Artec Truss kit to your axles?
Thanks brother........ probably not unless I decide to go bigger tires, but I think for now I’m just going to run it like this for a while. I’ve got some parts on the shelf, dynatrac ball joints, rock jock upper control arm joints, Yukon rear axle shafts, etc.. I’m just waiting till I need them, trying to get a feel for how long oem parts last running 37s.

Word on the street is you and some buddies are heading my way, if so , be sure and reach out.

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement