First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I don’t know squat about phone mounts so I can’t speak to how it compares with others, but it looks like it’s gonna work for me……..👍
Whatever works 👍🏼

Some of those phone/device mounts are seriously overhyped. Yours looks like it stacks up against the others just fine.
Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Just a little thing but SO much easier to access tools and certain things you need more often than other things…….

We don’t do the AAL shelves/platforms/ fridge and those kinds of things because I do a lot of different things with our rig….. A lot of times I need the full cargo area with seats folded and whatnot…..

Been using Ridgid boxes for tools and recovery for a while now. But it never fails, no matter how I plan for it, I’ll need something from the bottom box…..:facepalm: …. You guys can relate I’m sure…..

Well I recently found a rigid box with drawers, holy crap, how easy is it to get something now… No more unstrapping lifting the boxes off etc.. etc… now I just pull a drawer open..😲

Anyway like I said not a big deal, but it sure improves my quality of life…. 😂

IMG_9858.jpeg

IMG_9859.jpeg
I’m using the Bauer boxes from HF and while they haven’t been bad, these look like they would be even better…dang…

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m using the Bauer boxes from HF and while they haven’t been bad, these look like they would be even better…dang…
I can’t emphasize enough how sweet it is to pull a drawer open instead of unstacking boxes…..silly little thing, but shit…….

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I can’t emphasize enough how sweet it is to pull a drawer open instead of unstacking boxes…..silly little thing, but shit…….
Dude, I completely get it. I started keeping the majority of my tools in those canvas rolls which helped a lot BUT they take up more space now in the box which I’m not a fan of.

Currently I have them on a slide from Project X since I’m testing them. Their slide is awesome but it’s just a hair too narrow for the Packout boxes which is a bummer because I really like those. I *may* be swapping the slides for the AAL drawers and slides once Project X doesn’t need further testing/development, but it would be nice if I could keep the setup how it is since it works well. I need to see if these Rigid boxes have the same footprint as the Bauer…..

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered some Metal Cloak shock relocation brackets for my front shocks….. I’ve been waiting for them to come out with these….

https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-jt-gladiator-rocksport-black-outboard-shock-mount-spacer.html

I really like the idea of rotating the shock shaft, it’s a more natural motion…. I’m running long travel shocks so uptravel is at a premium…I’ve got 5” of useable up travel and didn’t want to sacrifice the 1.5” with their original brackets…my EVO brackets have been great, but I’ve always wanted to rotate the shock eye…

I’ve got plenty of up travel for what we do… I can still run fire roads, trails with potholes, washboard, small whoops at 30-40 mph just fine….. If I was going to running 60 + through the desert I’d set my rig up differently….For our use I’d rather be able to raise the front or rear tire 42” without lifting a wheel than have more up travel I’d never use…..

Also wanted to clear up any misconceptions…..
even though I’m a Rock Krawler dude doesn’t mean I don’t have love and respect for @Metalcloak . They’re a great company with great customer service that I think is second to none, definitely next level…..I’m running a few MC products…. Steering stabilizer, even though it’s upside down and modified, lol….running their front/rear jounce bumpers, they are fantastic for crawling… when stuffing and drooping axle the bump stops don’t hit squarely and these hit and conform better thus work better….i just have to get some black paint on anything I get just to keep from causing a civil war under my rig…😂
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… IMG_9182

Anyway, super stoked to get these brackets, and receiving my confirmation call from the MC dudes…..✌

oops! Pics or it didn’t happen….😂

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… IMG_9690
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… IMG_9954

Last edited:

Sponsored

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Just ordered some Metal Cloak shock relocation brackets for my front shocks….. I’ve been waiting for them to come out with these….

https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-jt-gladiator-rocksport-black-outboard-shock-mount-spacer.html

I really like the idea of rotating the shock shaft, it’s a more natural motion…. I’m running long travel shocks so uptravel is at a premium…I’ve got 5” of useable up travel and didn’t want to sacrifice the 1.5” with their original brackets…my EVO brackets have been great, but I’ve always wanted to rotate the shock eye…

I’ve got plenty of up travel for what we do… I can still run fire roads, trails with potholes, washboard, small whoops at 30-40 mph just fine….. If I was going to running 60 + through the desert I’d set my rig up differently….For our use I’d rather be able to raise the front or rear tire 42” without lifting a wheel than have more up travel I’d never use…..

Also wanted to clear up any misconceptions…..
even though I’m a Rock Krawler dude doesn’t mean I don’t have love and respect for @Metalcloak . They’re a great company with great customer service that I think is second to none, definitely next level…..I’m running a few MC products…. Steering stabilizer, even though it’s upside down and modified, lol….running their front/rear jounce bumpers, they are fantastic for crawling… when stuffing and drooping axle the bump stops don’t hit squarely and these hit and conform better thus work better….i just have to get some black paint on anything I get just to keep from causing a civil war under my rig…😂

Anyway, super stoked to get these brackets, and receiving my confirmation call from the MC dudes…..✌

oops! Pics or it didn’t happen….😂

I agree, my Jeep is fully cloaked out but I run Rock Crawler front and rear spring isolators.

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel FarOut
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Some pics in the wild........:)...

Sorry, no exotic places, but the wife and I are still working and we own our own business without any employees so almost impossible to get away right now. Hopefully we can slow down soon......:whew:

This just called me poor in every language known to mankind... Dont mind me, im just gonna go cry in stock JLU over here in the corner.
Sponsored