MOPAR floor mats
8.4" Premium Audio Group
LED Lighting Group
MOPAR Hinge Gate Reinforcement
Trailer Tow group
Premium Soft Top
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi 2 Door mOds jeep05fb

The near future:
2.5" lift and 35's (part of the deal and will be warrantied.)
TeraFlex Nomad Wheels (also part of the deal)
Air Compressor
Set up to be towed behind the motorhome
PRP Seat Covers
Front Bumper
Winch
and other doo-hickies, a few doo-dads, and of course the all important whatcha-ma-callits.
Sponsored

pdx_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2-dr
The baseline:
3.6 v6
6sp manual
Dark Saddle leather seats
Satin Black Grille
Remote Keyless Entry
Rock Slider w/Step Assist
MOPAR floor mats
8.4" Premium Audio Group
LED Lighting Group
MOPAR Hinge Gate Reinforcement
Trailer Tow group
Premium Soft Top
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi 2 Door mOds jeep05fb

The near future:
2.5" lift and 35's (part of the deal and will be warrantied.)
TeraFlex Nomad Wheels (also part of the deal)
Air Compressor
Set up to be towed behind the motorhome
PRP Seat Covers
Front Bumper
Winch
and other doo-hickies, a few doo-dads, and of course the all important whatcha-ma-callits.
I like it, looks good!

OP
OP

jrocker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Bumper 1.0...
So, I started off with ordering a bumper being sold as a JL bumper from what I thought was a reputable website (will remain unnamed, since they are a forum sponsor...).
Turns out, that "JL" Red Rock 4x4 Crawler Stubby Winch Front Bumper was a JK bumper. Sure, it fit on my JL, but it was useless if I wanted a winch (which I did). Unless of course I wanted to cut into the grill (which I did not).
The welded in mounting studs were too short to shim the bumper out to make it work. I spent a substantial amount of time grinding the paint drips and weld slag from the fog light holes just to get the fog lights in the holes.
I spent so much time reworking this bumper that by the time I went to mount it on the Jeep and install the winch, my mind was not in the right place. Several Creative Mechanical Words were used.
Long story short, I was left with a useless pile of rusted scrap steel by the time I was done.

Bumper 2.0

I moved on to another website (btw, nobody local had anything worth buying in stock), and found the LoD Offroad Signature Series Shorty. This one actually worked with the winch. The only downside was the bumper mounting bolts were an adventure to get installed and properly tightened. But, I like the look.

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi 2 Door mOds jeep07fb

OP
OP

jrocker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
I installed the Mopar Tow Vehicle Wiring harness, to get it ready to be towed behind the motorhome.
The instructions called for removing the passenger side fender liners, front and rear. I did neither. The wiring up front can be fed to the bumper without removing the liner, and I used fish tape to feed the harness over the passenger fender liner. I figured there was no need to tie it down since those push pins that hold the liner in refused to come out in one piece (broke one and stopped).

Currently trouble shooting. Brakes and signals work with the motorhome lights on, but the running lights do not work. Double checked with my wife's Subaru hooked up to the RV and all was well there.

I say currently troubleshooting...it's 3 degrees out there. It can wait.

OP
OP

jrocker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Installed the PRP seat covers. Lots of patience required.;)

I removed the front seats (back seat has been out since the first weekend of ownership), mainly because the temperature was in the teens. Installation was pretty straight forward, but it does take a lot of working the material to get it to fit. And that's a good thing.
Unfortunately the back seat covers did not have the cuts in the material for the child safety seat restraints or the seat release strap. From everything I've read and watched about these covers, they should have come pre-cut. However, after three separate attempts to contact customer support over the last two weeks, I've given up on any help from PRP.

Other than the lack of customer service, I'm happy with the covers. They fit over the factory upholstery tight, and look factory.
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi 2 Door mOds seats01fb

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
They look great! They do look factory, Job well done!

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Can we get a picture of the lower section of the seat? Those look fantastic!

OP
OP

jrocker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Here's a better shot of the seat bottom.
After putting a few seat miles in, I have some more tucking to do (which was expected). I think I'll let it warm up a bit more outside before I do. Bring me summer!
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi 2 Door mOds seats02fb

Sponsored

OP
OP

jrocker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Jeep de-badged.
2.5" Rough Country lift
Rough Country N3 Steering Stabilizer
TeraFlex Nomad Wheels (deflators on order)
315/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi 2 Door mOds jeepfb11
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi 2 Door mOds jeepfb12

OP
OP

jrocker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
how ya like the wheels so far? Looking at the same ones.
I love them.
Took a bit to get the deflators set up. Air down, measure, adjust, air up, air down, measure...etc.
The time was spent airing up and airing down. With all but one wheel, I had the pressures set where I wanted by the second air down. The problem child turned out to be the deflator valve was bad. I thought it looked slightly used when I got it from Quadratec. I need to contact them and get a replacement.

I like the looks, and I think they're going to be a great convenience once I'm able to get out on the trail.

OP
OP

jrocker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Installed the Stay n Play Duo brake controller. I put the main box under the driver's seat, drilled a hole in the firewall to run the wires and air line. I still need to tuck the rest of the wiring and air line back behind the trim.
Towed the jeep behind the motorhome a few hundred miles since install and things are great. It's ready for our big road trips later this year. Capitol Reef National park in May, then Ouray (Black Bear Pass?) in August.

Last edited:
OP
OP

jrocker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Part of my order from Quadratec came in, and I spent an hour installing the door sill plates, and removing that annoying third brake light to put the ring light behind the spare.
Waiting on the ARB compressor.
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi 2 Door mOds brakelight
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi 2 Door mOds sillplate
Sponsored