Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
  • Banned
I hate to be "that guy" who asks the experts to explain again how something works. I've search pages of cruise control posts and can't find this.

Say your cruise control is set to 30 mph and you enter into a steep downgrade. The vehicle would speed up if the JL didn't hold it back while the cruise control remained to be engaged.

What is the mechanism of such braking: merely downshifting, brakes, or both, or something else?

I have the same question as it relates to the 2019 adjusting cruise control as it relates to proximity to the vehicle in front, forgetting road pitch. Is this more along the lines of "take pressure off the accelerator and then engage downshift or brake need be?"

Thanks...
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
  • Banned
2019 with ACC, it's both brake and downshift ( 8spd auto ).
Thank you sir. Did you speak to just the ACC event, or did you say that on automatic 2019s with ACC, all forms of cruise control slow down are capable of being done with automatic braking and downshifting, ACC proximity or downgrade alike?

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
My wife has a modern car, not a Jeep anything.

With cruise control, if you go down hill, I noticed the car downshifts.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Thank you sir. Did you speak to just the ACC event, or did you say that on automatic 2019s with ACC, all forms of cruise control slow down are capable of being done with automatic braking and downshifting, ACC proximity or downgrade alike?
I can speak for the 2019 model 3.6l 8 spd auto with ACC, as this is what I have.
It slow's itself down with auto trans and braking with the wheel brakes. This is in both modes of cruise control. Now remember I have a crash avoidance system, so not sure if that makes work different from models without?

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
If it does not have ACC it will not use the brakes.
Sponsored