Hilarious thread thank you!

Sponsored

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

2024 Prototype Jeep VIN's seen at EJS this year. Build months are 2-23, red one is a 4xe, blue is a 392.

Jeep Wrangler JL Crowdsourcing to figure out what months our VINs were created IMG_3495-small

Jeep Wrangler JL Crowdsourcing to figure out what months our VINs were created IMG_3521-small

If the VIN sequence is unbroken then it indicates that there are already over 50 '24's floating around since February.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

2024 Prototype Jeep VIN's seen at EJS this year. Build months are 2-23, red one is a 4xe, blue is a 392.

IMG_3495-small.jpg

IMG_3521-small.jpg

If the VIN sequence is unbroken then it indicates that there are already over 50 '24's floating around since February.
Thanks so much for taking those pictures! My code hadn't been able to find anything and those VINs helped me to figure out that the 4th digit changed as a result of additional airbags.

I'm now finding over 700 build sheets, but no window stickers. That makes no sense since some have obviously been built. I wonder if 2024 build sheets aren't available via the same URL.

This works: https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C4RJXR66RW100764
This doesn't: https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4RJXR66RW100764

Hopefully there are no window stickers simply due to these being pilot builds.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

These are the two saddest lines on this build sheet:

• * WARN WINCH
  • * NON-CERTIFIED PILOT VEHICLE TRACKING

Over at Brand X when we built non-cert vehicles (mostly for line tooling tests and demo vehicles) the rule was they had to be crushed within the calendar year which they were built. And the rules also stated that no parts could be salvaged from any of the vehicles, no exceptions. If FCA follows the same guidance then there are going to be several perfectly functioning Warn winches sent to the crusher.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Pilot runs get window stickers just like everything else, part of the reason for those builds is to test all production line systems, including the very printers that spit those stickers out.

On the two vehicles that I saw at EJS I noted that the right side front fender was different between the two of them, the blue one still had the radio antenna base (but no antenna) and the red one had a "Trail Rated" badge in place of the radio antenna base. Both had the wires embedded in the front windshield. The new airbags are mounted on the roll bar above the doors. I took a bunch of pictures of these details, if there's any interest I'll post them.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Pilot runs get window stickers just like everything else, part of the reason for those builds is to test all production line systems, including the very printers that spit those stickers out.
If that's the case then I'm not sure what to do about finding window stickers.
Sponsored