Sponsored

Crossing into Canada on Beadlocks? Any issues?

Yellowstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I am in the early stages of planning a trip into Canada with the Jeep once things open up again. I’m curious anyone has had any issues getting into Canada or back into the US having beadlocks on your Jeep? Was there any type of vehicle inspection?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You shouldn’t have any. They don’t check for vehicle mods at the border.

Just make sure to leave any firearms in the US.

PS - IMO, Canada won’t be lifting border crossing restrictions until 2021, given how coronavirus is still spreading out of control in the US.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve never had any kind of vehicle inspection crossing the border but I’ve also never crossed with an obviously modified vehicle.

Relevant laws in Canada are by province.

Ontario highway traffic act is silent but permits the establishment of regulations on tires https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK138

RRO 1990 reg 625 which governs tires is silent on beadlocks. https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900625

We also do not have routine vehicle safety inspections for passenger vehicles. Commercial vehicles only.

Generally anything not forbidden is permitted so I would have no concern about beadlocks in Ontario. Can’t speak to other provinces.

If it helps at all a major canadian retailer sells numerous ugly ass beadlocks. If they were illegal it’s unlikely this retailer would carry them. Happened on them in my searches. Gaze upon the awfulness.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/wheels/pdp/ion-alloy-style-133-wheel-with-beadlock-0348220p.html

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

No troubles at all. As mentioned, no firearms, this includes flare guns. You won't be able to cross over unless it's for essential business, you're travelling to Alaska, or reuniting with immediate family. The border is officially closed until 21 August 2020. The way the US has fucked things up, and can't contain the pandemic means they will renew the closure until at least September.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No troubles at all. As mentioned, no firearms, this includes flare guns. You won't be able to cross over unless it's for essential business, you're travelling to Alaska, or reuniting with immediate family. The border is officially closed until 21 August 2020. The way the US has fucked things up, and can't contain the pandemic means they will renew the closure until at least September.
More like November...

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
More like November...
At the earliest...

I hope I can visit north of the border for the Xmas holidays without needing to quarantine. But I’m keeping my hopes down given how poorly we are managing the spread of infections over here.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

More like November...
I hope not. I've not seen my partner and stepkids since March. We spent out 6th anniversary talking about me having to leave early to not get stuck in Michigan. They keep bumping the reopening back a month.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

At the earliest...

I hope I can visit north of the border for the Xmas holidays without needing to quarantine. But I’m keeping my hopes down given how poorly we are managing the spread of infections over here.
Yeah, I doubt Xmas is going to happen. My family needs to come up here, or me down there. They were just exposed to someone positive, and are now waiting on their tests. The entire thing has me in a rage.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah, I doubt Xmas is going to happen. My family needs to come up here, or me down there. They were just exposed to someone positive, and are now waiting on their tests. The entire thing has me in a rage.
I believe family reunification is one of the allowable exceptions. 14 day quarantine required though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Yellowstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Thank you all for the comments. It confirms some of my research that it doesn't seem like it will be a problem...if and when the borders open up. But I don't think that will be for some time yet.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I believe family reunification is one of the allowable exceptions. 14 day quarantine required though.
Yup, the question gets a bit thorny. I'm not officially the kid's stepdad, but both of them call me dad. I've been asking Travel Canada, and CBP office and not gotten anything clear about if I, or they can travel.

I'd have to Quarantine for 14 days there, and then 14 when I get back at the minimum. Thank the gods my job allows me to work remote 98% of the time.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Immigration Canada requires you to leave an address and phone number where you will be quarantining for 14 days, and they will randomly check that you are in fact maintaining quarantine. They will even call you the day before your quarantine ends to kindly remind you you will be able to go out the following day.

If they catch you cheating you get a H U G E fine. They are not joking about this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/can...nishable-by-750000-fine-trucking-masks-2020-4

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Yep. Immigration Canada requires you to leave an address and phone number where you will be quarantining for 14 days, and they will randomly check that you are in fact maintaining quarantine. They will even call you the day before your quarantine ends to kindly remind you you will be able to go out the following day.

If they catch you cheating you get a H U G E fine. They are not joking about this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/can...nishable-by-750000-fine-trucking-masks-2020-4
When I came back across on 16 March I got Emergency Alert notices, text messages, along with a pamphlet reminding me I was to quarantine.
Sponsored