First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
So finally, after constantly seeing all of the spare tire relocation brackets out of stock, I was able to get the Teraflex relocation bracket. It's installed and doing its job, BUT now one of my cross path sensors is going off. Funny thing is it's the one to the far passenger side, and not one of the sensors directly below the tire. Anyone else experience this and have advice to offer?
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Is you TF full high and setup to tuck the tire in as far as possible?

OP
OP
@CBEUnion

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Can't get it any higher or in any closer. Thing is the two sensors closest to the tire aren't going off.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Can't get it any higher or in any closer. Thing is the two sensors closest to the tire aren't going off.
The sensors have a weird pattern. Are you on a stock bumper or aftermarket?

The pattern is sort of like a bowtie and the rotation of the sensors matters quite a bit.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This'll sound like a stupid question. What position is your valve stem?

The rear bumper sensors work in conjunction with the camera. If your stem is currently in the southern hemisphere, rotate it as far north as possible.

Sponsored

OP
OP
@CBEUnion

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
This'll sound like a stupid question. What position is your valve stem?

The rear bumper sensors work in conjunction with the camera. If your stem is currently in the southern hemisphere, rotate it as far north as possible.
SO..... Forgot to update this but after some messing around I found the only way to fix the problem was to orient the wheel so that the valve stem was at 12 oclock. I'm sure it's got something to do with the TPMS sensor.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
SO..... Forgot to update this but after some messing around I found the only way to fix the problem was to orient the wheel so that the valve stem was at 12 oclock. I'm sure it's got something to do with the TPMS sensor.
Glad that little trick worked! It seems that any change with the spare, that results in more of it being seen around the edges of the screen, will make it more sensitive. The valve stem is then, all it takes to trip the alerts.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
The rear sensors are sketchy. I am running a 39” on a Rusty’s no issues, steel rear bumper. Father in-law running 38’s and mopar setup, both bracket and reinforcement. His go off constantly.

OP
OP
@CBEUnion

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Well since I rotated the valve stem to 12 it's been fine. I'd recommend anyone who's having the same problem I did try that.

OP
OP
@CBEUnion

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Glad that little trick worked! It seems that any change with the spare, that results in more of it being seen around the edges of the screen, will make it more sensitive. The valve stem is then, all it takes to trip the alerts.
Right. The back up sensors work like radar so I'm sure they are picking up that TPMS unit in the tire. I had first spun the tire so the stem was at around 9 to see if that would fix it. No dice. 12 was the place it needed to be. I also want to mention for anyone who reads, that I'm running the Teraflex relocation brackets and I only used two of the three puck spacers.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Well since I rotated the valve stem to 12 it's been fine. I'd recommend anyone who's having the same problem I did try that.
So glad I found this thread, I’ll need to try this. Just picked the rig up tonight. Have the Mopar oversized spare tire carrier and tailgate hinge reinforcement (not getting into the differing opinions of whether it works or not) and mine would go off in the middle of an empty lot tonight. This would certainly save me some cash (much needed after the lift, tires, and wheels). I’ll give it a shot this weekend when I do the hockey puck tailgate bump stop extension mod.
Sponsored