Sponsored

Criswell Jeep - Leon Travis - Amazing Transaction!

V1-Rotate

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Hi all! This is my first post on the wrangler forms. I have always wanted a Jeep since I was a kid. I stumbled upon this website way back in November 2019 when my wife and I were shopping around at local dealerships here in Pittsburgh, PA. Before I tell you about how amazing my Criswell Jeep experience was. I want to tell everyone how my experience was dealing with local dealerships here in Pittsburgh was.

My wife and I knew we wanted a Rubicon. We went to several dealerships here in Pittsburgh. The first dealership was Jim Shorkey Chrysler Jeep on McNight Road in North Hills. This was the first week of November. What a total and COMPLETE waste of time. Long story short. We were there all day. They tried to sell us a car they didn't have. Then they were trying to use slimy sales tactics with us and would not be transparent on the price. They also didn't have a Jeep that we wanted. They expected us to compromise features for color, or both for the trim level. So, overall... It was a very bad, very terrible, experience. I under no circumstances would ever recommend my worst enemy go to Jim Shorkey in North Hills to buy a Jeep. EVER

After Shorkey, I contacted Monroeville Chrysler Jeep. This was equally just as bad an experience. I couldn't even get the internet manager to call me back. It was like they were too good to even call me back? Honestly, I couldn't believe it. I have never had experiences quite so bad while "trying" to buying a car.

So, the bottom line is... If you're from the Pittsburgh Area... All the Jeep dealers suck and are not willing to work with you at all. I could barely even get a dealership to accept custom orders. Which is what we wanted to do because we wanted a very specific build.

I will also add... I had my own financing setup up through my credit union. I had a blank check ready to be signed... Still, even with cash in hand... No one in Pittsburgh would sell me a Jeep. It was absolutely unbelievable!

Instead of wasting your time with dealerships in Pittsburgh...

Just call JEON TRAVIS at CRISWELL JEEP!!!!

I was at my wits end. I knew the exact Jeep I wanted with the exact features I wanted but couldn't find a dealership who would take my order and give me a good deal. I emailed Leon at 10 PM on 12/9/2019. The next morning when I woke up on 12/10/2019, Leon had already emailed me a full deal sheet with straight forward pricing. NO BS! Pure and simple. It was EXACTLY what I asked him for. No runaround... No games... Very straight forward. And it was a GOOD DEAL! No other dealer could touch the price Leon gave us!

I inspected the order to ensure accuracy. He got it right the very first time. Which is amazing, especially with the experience I'd had with the other dealers. I immediately called my wife and told her everything. She was on board. A few minutes later, I called Leon and ordered the 2020 Rubicon!

Leon got us exactly what we wanted for the price we wanted. I didn't have to compromise anything. Leon kept in touch with me throughout the entire process and was very patient with us. We were trading in a Toyota Rav4 that ended up having a complicated title issue due to moving out of state where the Rav4 was originally bought. But Leon was cool and helped us and remained patient with us even though it was a complex annoying problem. We got it fixed and the trade-in deal was painless.

On 01/02/2020 the 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon was delivered to Criswell! My wife and I drove down there and picked it up with our Weimaraner. Overall, it was a fabulous experience and I cannot recommend Leon and Criswell enough.

This was the easiest most straight forward car buying experience I have ever had! If you're in the market for a new Jeep and you're willing to make the drive down to Gaithersburg MD.
DO IT! You will NOT regret it.

Thanks, Leon!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Willys_msh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 Door, 2001 Dodge Ram 2500
Here's another vote for Leo Travis at Criswell.

I emailed Leon after reading on these forums about the ease of working with him. I mentioned that I had found his name here and had noted that Criswell was offering 8% under invoice with Tread Lightly. Leon contacted me within an hour, and within 24 hours had provided prices as advertised.

I was kept informed of the progress of my order every step of the way, and on Friday I picked up my new 2020 Willys JL 2-door. There were no surprises and everything was ready for me when I arrived at Criswell, including installed wheel locks, an owners manual, and a full tank of gas. I didn't have a trade-in and was paying cash so a short time later I was on my way back to North Carolina. This is the way that buying a cay should always be, but usually isn't.

Jeep (2).jpeg

Gillbot

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I am in the same area and will share in your experiences. I tried all of the dealers you tried and a few more with the same experiences. I ended up doing the same as you, I ordered from Criswell and drove over to pick it up!!

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
I placed my order at criswell acoupe of days ago let's see if the experience is the same I will update on here.

Sponsored

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Criswell is awesome, i dealt with Patrick Mantua who is a stand up guy with excellent service, after sale too!

Jughead

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon
Hi all! This is my first post on the wrangler forms. I have always wanted a Jeep since I was a kid. I stumbled upon this website way back in November 2019 when my wife and I were shopping around at local dealerships here in Pittsburgh, PA. Before I tell you about how amazing my Criswell Jeep experience was. I want to tell everyone how my experience was dealing with local dealerships here in Pittsburgh was.

My wife and I knew we wanted a Rubicon. We went to several dealerships here in Pittsburgh. The first dealership was Jim Shorkey Chrysler Jeep on McNight Road in North Hills. This was the first week of November. What a total and COMPLETE waste of time. Long story short. We were there all day. They tried to sell us a car they didn't have. Then they were trying to use slimy sales tactics with us and would not be transparent on the price. They also didn't have a Jeep that we wanted. They expected us to compromise features for color, or both for the trim level. So, overall... It was a very bad, very terrible, experience. I under no circumstances would ever recommend my worst enemy go to Jim Shorkey in North Hills to buy a Jeep. EVER

After Shorkey, I contacted Monroeville Chrysler Jeep. This was equally just as bad an experience. I couldn't even get the internet manager to call me back. It was like they were too good to even call me back? Honestly, I couldn't believe it. I have never had experiences quite so bad while "trying" to buying a car.

So, the bottom line is... If you're from the Pittsburgh Area... All the Jeep dealers suck and are not willing to work with you at all. I could barely even get a dealership to accept custom orders. Which is what we wanted to do because we wanted a very specific build.

I will also add... I had my own financing setup up through my credit union. I had a blank check ready to be signed... Still, even with cash in hand... No one in Pittsburgh would sell me a Jeep. It was absolutely unbelievable!

I was at my wits end. I knew the exact Jeep I wanted with the exact features I wanted but couldn't find a dealership who would take my order and give me a good deal. I emailed Leon at 10 PM on 12/9/2019. The next morning when I woke up on 12/10/2019, Leon had already emailed me a full deal sheet with straight forward pricing. NO BS! Pure and simple. It was EXACTLY what I asked him for. No runaround... No games... Very straight forward. And it was a GOOD DEAL! No other dealer could touch the price Leon gave us!

I inspected the order to ensure accuracy. He got it right the very first time. Which is amazing, especially with the experience I'd had with the other dealers. I immediately called my wife and told her everything. She was on board. A few minutes later, I called Leon and ordered the 2020 Rubicon!

Leon got us exactly what we wanted for the price we wanted. I didn't have to compromise anything. Leon kept in touch with me throughout the entire process and was very patient with us. We were trading in a Toyota Rav4 that ended up having a complicated title issue due to moving out of state where the Rav4 was originally bought. But Leon was cool and helped us and remained patient with us even though it was a complex annoying problem. We got it fixed and the trade-in deal was painless.

On 01/02/2020 the 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon was delivered to Criswell! My wife and I drove down there and picked it up with our Weimaraner. Overall, it was a fabulous experience and I cannot recommend Leon and Criswell enough.

This was the easiest most straight forward car buying experience I have ever had! If you're in the market for a new Jeep and you're willing to make the drive down to Gaithersburg MD.

Thanks, Leon!!!

View attachment 269606 View attachment 269610

We bought our first Rubicon when Shorkey was still Mick's back in 2003. That transaction wasn't bad at all. However I would never go there for Service.

How did you handle plates, title and licensing being it was an out of state vehicle?

We're looking for a new 4 dr Rubicon now as our 2003 died of frame rot.

From Jeep fest in Butler

80-20150613_113452_zpsv5chwlak_e2896fdceaab16a738cc20b519399ff039022e92.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Thanks, Leon!!!

View attachment 269606 View attachment 269610
Congrats! And the pup matches your Wrangler!

OP
OP

V1-Rotate

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
We bought our first Rubicon when Shorkey was still Mick's back in 2003. That transaction wasn't bad at all. However I would never go there for Service.

How did you handle plates, title and licensing being it was an out of state vehicle?

We're looking for a new 4 dr Rubicon now as our 2003 died of frame rot.

From Jeep fest in Butler

80-20150613_113452_zpsv5chwlak_e2896fdceaab16a738cc20b519399ff039022e92.jpg
We had such a bad experience at Shorkey... I honestly wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy! Criswell was easy to work with for the title and tags. They collected PA sales tax and mailed us a certificate of origin and a check made out to the Commonwealth of PA to pay the taxes. All we did was take the bill of sale they gave us, certificate of origin from FCA and the check for the taxes (that they collected during the initial transaction) and we went to AAA and registered the Wrangler in PA. Super easy! They gave us a MD temp tag when we bought the Wrangler... Of course, you'll still need to pay to get it inspected for emissions in PA once you register it. You'll have 10 days with your pink slip to get the emissions stickers.

Sponsored

Sbelcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
My husband and I completely agree! We have had some good experiences and some bad experiences when buying a vehicle but Leon by was by far the best! We had quite a few questions and ended up going into the dealership to talk to Leon. He took his time with us and answered all of our questions and we had a LOT of questions. He walked us through everything and never once rushed us or made us feel like we were a bother.

We didn’t order that night but ended up coming back a few days later to place an order for a Sahara. Unfortunately, the day we went back, Jeep wasn’t accepting orders for manual transmissions. A make or break for my husband and me and we ended up going home without placing the order. Leon was great though. He understood how important a manual was to us and promised to let us know as soon as he could place an order for the manual transmission.

Leon was true to his word and called us a couple weeks later and we ordered in March right before the shutdown. However, Leon helped us through the wait. He kept in touch with us and made sure we were informed. He is very knowledgeable and he really cares. He knew we were really excited to get our Jeep after all of the COVID-19 craziness. He delivered it the same day it arrived!

MacR

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ducati V4s

Well that's really good to know. My wife and I are moving out of Manhattan to Pittsburgh at the end of this month and I need me a Rubicon. I planned on calling Criswell first anyways, but you cemented that. Thanks for sharing! How was the drive down there?

Maybe our JLs will cross paths some day in PA.

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
I can echo the same comments about Leon. I had the same negative experiences with three dealers in the DFW area and turned to this forum looking for recommendations.

I sent Leon and email with my specifications and within an hour I had a priced quote (8%) under invoice for a 2020 Rubicon Diesel. There was a parts hold on one of my selections and Leon kept me informed as soon as it was lifted. Unfortunately it took us past the 2020 order cutoff and it was several weeks before the diesel option was available to order on a 2021 model. As promised Leon called me as soon as that window opened, re-quoted my build with the addition of the front trail camera.

I did lose 1%, as he could only offer 7% on the 2021, but not his fault. He has communicated at every update point as promised, and frequently fields my additional questions with patience and ample knowledge of the process. Highly recommend if the location and deal fits your needs.

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
If your financing yourself it’s a better deal at Koons, you don’t lose 2%.

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
If your financing yourself it’s a better deal at Koons, you don’t lose 2%.
I plan to pay off any financing. If their's has any early payoff penalty/restrictions I'll sacrifice the 2%.
Sponsored