00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
I'm still not a member of this club yet. Knocking on wood and continuing to treat my doors with respect. :whew:
Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm still not a member of this club yet. Knocking on wood and continuing to treat my doors with respect. :whew:
Then why are you trolling our group lol...Just kidding brother!! You’ll be a member soon enough, if not already but just don’t know it yet. Press on your outer door skin and you’ll see that it probably started to separate. You can probably push it in and feel the skin press up against the intrusion beam. Hopefully not but I just can’t see how each and every Jl doesn’t have this issue considering the foam they use at the factory is in all our Jeeps.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I have personally taken these doors apart and I get what you’re saying but there is no fix, the inherent problem is there and will happen to every door they replace so what’s the point? There is no permanent fix unless FCA redesigns the doors!! Like I said before this is something that every single jail on the planet suffers from or will suffer from, just people don’t notice it. You can see by the picture I just posted, the bottom beam is the one separating and there’s only maybe three dabs of foam adhesive. Talking about it here certainly won’t help, either replace the doors and screw up your paint and Wait for the prom to happen again, sell the Jeep or live with it. The seam like our only options at this point.

59E23921-B245-450C-926D-3A22B751153C.jpeg
Why can't you just add some more spray foam adhesive using a skinny straw shoved down in the crack where it's separating? Seems like it'd be worth a shot if you already had the door apart.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Why can't you just add some more spray foam adhesive using a skinny straw shoved down in the crack where it's separating? Seems like it'd be worth a shot if you already had the door apart.
I will but I took it apart well before I had everything I needed to fix it. This is a specialized foam and it wasn’t easy to get the exact one the factory uses. Now that I have what I need I’m waiting until spring to give it a shot. It’s a little more involved then just spraying foam out of a little straw lol. And to be completely honest I’m still not sure that’s the issue because everything is either welded or bolted so I don’t see how the lack of foam would cause this type of click. I’m a very analytical type of person and like to make sense of things before I attempt to fix something, and it doesn’t make sense to me.

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Yep add me to the list; my driver door started today.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Do you have an update for us from today? I'm about to pull the trigger on the same materials and give it a
Do you have an update for us from today? I'm about to pull the trigger on the same materials and give it a go.
Not good, the foam was completely dried up and and wouldn’t come out. I’m am so bullshit!! Took the door apart for nothing, again!!

OrangeRuby

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL)
My 18 took six months. My 20 took less than three.

OrangeRuby

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL)
Do the make the foam with an injection nozzle that you could get behind the intrusion bar? Is the foam expanding? Do you think there is a chance it could cause the outer skin to distort as the material cures?

Very interested in any fix that doesn’t involve a dealer painting my vehicle, but generally concerned about distorting the sheet metal outer skin trying to come up with a solution.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Do the make the foam with an injection nozzle that you could get behind the intrusion bar? Is the foam expanding? Do you think there is a chance it could cause the outer skin to distort as the material cures?

Very interested in any fix that doesn’t involve a dealer painting my vehicle, but generally concerned about distorting the sheet metal outer skin trying to come up with a solution.
Hey brother you had your doors replaced once before, do you have that star case?
Sponsored