Sponsored

Creaking Doors...anyone?

OrangeRuby

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL)
Sorry to disappoint you.
Sponsored

ajaj96

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Hello creak squad. It's been a couple weeks since i've posted and unfortunately I am still in the squad. I have tried everything from staring at my doors to even having full on conversations with them about their annoying behavior, but sadly they won't listen to me. I was just curious if anyone has had any luck over the past couple of weeks? I am starting to think we're all going to have to just face facts and live with this issue for all of eternity.

CREAK SQUAD FOR LIFE!

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hello creak squad. It's been a couple weeks since i've posted and unfortunately I am still in the squad. I have tried everything from staring at my doors to even having full on conversations with them about their annoying behavior, but sadly they won't listen to me. I was just curious if anyone has had any luck over the past couple of weeks? I am starting to think we're all going to have to just face facts and live with this issue for all of eternity.

CREAK SQUAD FOR LIFE!
Hahaha thatā€™s hilarious......

In all honesty I donā€™t even think about it anymore. (Not that that makes it right, we shouldnā€™t have to deal with this kinda weird scenarios on expensive jeeps)

Creak squad it is!

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

CREAK SQUAD FOR LIFE!
Hi Anthony,
We do understand why this is frustrating. Are you considering having your dealer take a look? Please feel free to send our team a private message if you would like additional assistance throughout your dealer visit.
Alex
JeepCares

ajaj96

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Hi Anthony,
We do understand why this is frustrating. Are you considering having your dealer take a look? Please feel free to send our team a private message if you would like additional assistance throughout your dealer visit.
Alex
JeepCares
I will not be contacting my dealer because, thanks everyone here on this forum, I already know the outcome of the work they will be willing to do to fix this issue. I am not comfortable with new doors and a respray at this time. Since Jeep Cares seems to be relatively active in this forum I would recommend that whoever runs this account puts in a claim for us with Jeep to see if we can have this issue resolved with some actual changes to the design of the door. It's not worth replacing my current doors with new doors thath are the exact same inside and out. There need to be some changes in terms of the design and materials used in making these doors. It's up to Jeep to do right by it's customers and fix the issue properly.

Thank you

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I will not be contacting my dealer because,t to everyone here on this forum, I already know the outcome of the work they will be willing to do to fix this issue. I am not comfortable with new doors and a respray at this time. Since Jeep Cares seems to be relatively active in this forum I would recommend that whoever runs this account puts in a claim for us with Jeep to see if we can have this issue resolved with some actual changes to the design of the door. It's not worth replacing my current doors with new doors thath are the exact same inside and out. There need to be some changes in terms of the design and materials used in making these doors. It's up to Jeep to do right by it's customers and fix the issue properly.

Thank you
This ^^^^

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I will not be contacting my dealer because, thanks everyone here on this forum, I already know the outcome of the work they will be willing to do to fix this issue. I am not comfortable with new doors and a respray at this time. Since Jeep Cares seems to be relatively active in this forum I would recommend that whoever runs this account puts in a claim for us with Jeep to see if we can have this issue resolved with some actual changes to the design of the door. It's not worth replacing my current doors with new doors thath are the exact same inside and out. There need to be some changes in terms of the design and materials used in making these doors. It's up to Jeep to do right by it's customers and fix the issue properly.

Thank you
Hi Anthony,
We do appreciate customer feedback. I have passed this along to the appropriate parties.
Alex
JeepCares

ajaj96

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Whaduppp #creaksquad! Just wondering how everyone's Thanksgiving was. I was thinking about starting a "Creak Squad of America" club since there seem to be so many active members of our community. I know that none of us chose to be part of this illustrious club, however I figured since we're all in this together we should embrace our Jeeps design flaws. We should make up some bumper stickers, make our own website, hire some social media managers, the whole 9. Since Jeep has decided to ignore our cries for change, we must embrace defeat and start this club out of spite to the brand, but loyalty to the squad. Creak Squad for Life!

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Whaduppp #creaksquad! Just wondering how everyone's Thanksgiving was. I was thinking about starting a "Creak Squad of America" club since there seem to be so many active members of our community. I know that none of us chose to be part of this illustrious club, however I figured since we're all in this together we should embrace our Jeeps design flaws. We should make up some bumper stickers, make our own website, hire some social media managers, the whole 9. Since Jeep has decided to ignore our cries for change, we must embrace defeat and start this club out of spite to the brand, but loyalty to the squad. Creak Squad for Life!
LMAO.....Sounds good, Iā€™m in Toronto, Canada though....maybe I can be the ambassador for this side of the border

#creaksquad

10mmauto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2008 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, everyone. My driver's door also creaks. May I join the creak squad (or am I member by default?)

Sponsored

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hello, everyone. My driver's door also creaks. May I join the creak squad (or am I member by default?)
Youā€™re a member by default (unfortunately)....but we would like to welcome you in with open arms to help you feel better.

there are refreshments and snacks on the left hand side. Please feel free to help yourself. We hope we can make your stay as comfortable as possible!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi 10mmauto,
As mentioned to your fellow forum members, if you decide to have this addressed with your dealer, we would be happy to add assistance to your service visit. We are available via PM.
Alex
JeepCares

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi 10mmauto,
As mentioned to your fellow forum members, if you decide to have this addressed with your dealer, we would be happy to add assistance to your service visit. We are available via PM.
Alex
JeepCares
:CWL:

OrangeRuby

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL)
Now my ā€˜20 is creaking/popping on the drivers side. That is two JLs that I have owned that the doors are coming apart on.

these doors are crap....new door design/mfg method please.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Now my ā€˜20 is creaking/popping on the drivers side. That is two JLs that I have owned that the doors are coming apart on.

these doors are crap....new door design/mfg method please.
Wow....that sucks man! Itā€™s what bugs me about the forums. There so great for info/help advice and all the good stuff in there too.....so how is this monitored by Jeep cares (and no offence to you guys) but itā€™s a 2 year problem now (on the JLā€™s anyway) that is such a simple fix during production to reinforce it. I donā€™t get it!

itā€™s why Iā€™m against doing the whole door replacement cause the new doors will just end up doing the same...and now you have proven that theory.

sorry to hear man. But the creak squad is a welcoming and freindly group. Hopefully someone saves us from this absolutely ridiculous issue to have for such pricey jeeps.

#creaksqauad
Sponsored