Creaking Doors...anyone?

Dfisher81

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Well are we talking about the creak when opening, or a creak when accelerating, decelerating and turning?

as to the door creak I was able to loosen the door bolts outside just enough to get a silicone live nozzle under. A few shots and it worked great so far.
My issue is that I’ve developed a new creak when accel/decel/turning that just started. Sounds like it’s behind the interior door skin and it is driving me bat sh&t.
I’m still under warranty for 8 more months so I am going in for oil change and may complain. Anyone experience the creak during body stress?
Sponsored

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Don’t do it, leave it alone!! I traded my silver JLUR for a brand new one and within a month the drivers door started the same thing. Just leave it alone and forget about it. Every JL on the planet does it, I completely got over it, I love my JL for its good and bad
Yeah that’s where I’m at with it. As long as it isn’t doing it constantly when driving etc I’ll just deal with it. This is my other Jeep so my JLUR still sounds quiet. Ha.
Jeep Wrangler JL Creaking Doors...anyone? DF81CE10-0940-42CC-856F-651B2EF06A62

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have been in a very rainy and humid beach area with the JLU for the last several days and the creaking sounds is basically gone (goes away more each day and would say its 95% gone now). There is obviously some science to this - which is beyond my knowledge but figured id point it out as maybe it helps understand or fashion a fix...

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Just joined the "creaking door" club. I originally thought it was the door hinge bushings, but after reading this excellent thread and putting my ear up against the door, it definitely sounds like it's coming from inside the door panel. Oh well, the good news is that when the doors come off, the problem goes away. Jeep on!

devicemanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
Newest member of the Creak Club checking in. :lipssealed:

2020 JLUR purchased in mid Dec. with 5500 mi. has both front doors creaking. I could tell that it was coming from inside the door around the door check area. I decided to search the forum today and low and behold this thread popped up. I have major ocd when it comes to squeaks & rattles, but I will struggle with this for now since I am not willing to go thru the hassle of new doors. Bummer that it's widespread and has not been resolved. New doors will probably exhibit the same issue in a year or so.

Sponsored

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
My passenger side starting to do it too lol.
I’m already used to it though.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Fix is easy..move somewhere humid....that's what I did and the creaking is gone.

Redx2

First Name
Heather D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JL
Husband's 2018 Sport passenger door started making the creaking/popping noise & we noticed this crack in the piece below. Dealership said they ordered it but its been a few weeks so we'll see if its a fix for him.

IMG_5392.JPG

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Husband's 2018 Sport passenger door started making the creaking/popping noise & we noticed this crack in the piece below. Dealership said they ordered it but its been a few weeks so we'll see if its a fix for him.

Jeep Wrangler JL Creaking Doors...anyone? IMG_5392.JPG
Unfortunately thats not thr issue - its internal to the door

Modeldude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Mine creak too.

Stupid idea maybe, but perhaps we could enlist Phil Swift to help here. I wonder if a taped off focused spray of flex seal would dampen the noise?

Ryan

Sponsored

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine creak too.

Stupid idea maybe, but perhaps we could enlist Phil Swift to help here. I wonder if a taped off focused spray of flex seal would dampen the noise?

Ryan
Someone please come up with a fix. People will pay and avoid going through warranty!

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I removed the driver side mirror and sprayed silicon spray extensively into the door cavity (with the window up). Took care of 90% of the creaking. I don’t know if this solution will last....but it’s been 4 weeks and it’s still working.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I removed the driver side mirror and sprayed silicon spray extensively into the door cavity (with the window up). Took care of 90% of the creaking. I don’t know if this solution will last....but it’s been 4 weeks and it’s still working.
Wont last. People have tried this and it works for a few months. Its an internal metal panel separation issue.