Creaking Doors...anyone?

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
My 2020 with 4600 miles has donā€™t driver door creak opening and closing now.
Almost seems it is sagging a tiny bit.

Anyone tried door/hinge adjustment?

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

Unfortunately thatā€™s not how it works the doors were precisely computer aligned at the factory thereā€™s nothing wrong with the alignment itā€™s the inner frame assembly that has failed and thatā€™s probably giving you the sagging effect that door has to be replaced thatā€™s the only fix

Sponsored

ajaj96

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator

Welcome to the creak squad my friend. Internal design flaw with all JL and JT doors. The internal structure separates from the aluminum skin. Jeep knows about it but they claim it is not a safety issue so as of right now the only fix is a full door replacement and nobody wants that because the replacement door will most likely have the same issue. Sorry but your one of us now. Welcome

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Donā€™t do it, leave it alone!! I traded my silver JLUR for a brand new one and within a month the drivers door started the same thing. Just leave it alone and forget about it. Every JL on the planet does it, I completely got over it, I love my JL for its good and bad

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Donā€™t do it, leave it alone!! I traded my silver JLUR for a brand new one and within a month the drivers door started the same thing. Just leave it alone and forget about it. Every JL on the planet does it, I completely got over it, I love my JL for its good and bad
A year ago, my driver door was also making noises...dealer tried to grease it and ended up replacing the whole door which took a week and they gave me a loaner. A few months ago, my replacement door started doing the same thing. I learned to get used to it...it's a jeep thing.;)

Markim37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have a 2020 JL I purchased in Oct. 2019, and my door started the squeak two days ago. At first, I just thought it was the door hinge so I tried a little WD40. Well, as you know, that wasn't it. After a few moments, I realized it was coming from inside the door. The "well crap" meter went off as soon as I found this thread. :facepalm:. I did notice one thing and wanted to ask if anyone else had tried this. When I unbolt the check rod (the rod that holds the door open) the squeaking stops. I assume it is relieving pressure on the door. The other thing is that all but one of my doors are now squeaking. The problem is I am just a little OCD. When my mountain bike starts making noise, I can't ride and have fun. It drives me nuts. I will find the noise and stop it before I ride again. If we can't find a solution, I may need counseling. :CWL:

chirp

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
So I did a little experimenting for a quick fix. If you remove the mirror and aim a nozzle on a wd40 can toward the backside of the door skin and spray it down, it will stop the squeaking. I wanted to try this to see if the sound was for sure coming from the impact bar against the door skin. It most definitely is.

If you hold you hand on the out side of the door skin you can also feel the friction.

I own a body shop. Now that I know for sure whats going on I am going to get the proper panel adhesive and attempt to re bond the brace. Of course ill have to clean it good know that I'd has some wd40 on it, lol.

But if you want a quick fix without having to disassemble the door, now ya know.
Sponsored

Last edited: