creaking and popping seat

callerys

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1984 CJ7
I my drivers seat and now passenger is creaking and popping when accelerating or stopping. Just wondering for those that got this fixed is it the seat frame or the track or both?
Sponsored

Doubleaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
I my drivers seat and now passenger is creaking and popping when accelerating or stopping. Just wondering for those that got this fixed is it the seat frame or the track or both?
Mine does too. Think they all do

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
This is a known problem and covered under warranty. They will replace the rails and sometimes the frame. Take it to the dealer. Be prepared to be without your Jeep for a few days, ask for a loaner.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
This is a known problem and covered under warranty. They will replace the rails and sometimes the frame. Take it to the dealer. Be prepared to be without your Jeep for a few days, ask for a loaner.
HaHa...unless, like my dealer, they say they can't recreate it.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
HaHa...unless, like my dealer, they say they can't recreate it.
A lot of the times the creaking/popping doesn't happen in the passenger seat unless someone is sitting in it. So take your service rep or tech on a ride. you drive. Let them hear it.

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
A lot of the times the creaking/popping doesn't happen in the passenger seat unless someone is sitting in it. So take your service rep or tech on a ride. you drive. Let them hear it.
It only happens in my driver seat and it is quite frequent. When I had it in to have the steering stabilizer recall done, I asked them to look at it. They told me they took it for a ride with the service manager but couldn't recreate it. Knowing my luck, I'd take them for a ride and wouldn't be able to reproduce it either. I am wondering if I could have my wife record it, but then I think they would still deny it if they couldn't recreate it.

OP
OP

callerys

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1984 CJ7
Thanks, my service manager is a couple houses down, trying to determine what parts he should order.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase