Creak in front door hinge

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Strangest thing, my drivers door has several audible creaks when opening or closing. I first thought it was the door check, but using a mechanics stethoscope, it's not coming from the check or hinges. Almost seems to be something inside the door at the hinge point. Not a big deal, but wondering if anyone else has had this and found a solution.

Sponsored

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the doorstop bolt tightened properly? I seem to remember a similar noise when I hadn’t tightened mine properly when putting the doors back on for the dust time.

Reactions: GtX

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Do you use foot pegs?

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It’s a supporting beam that has come “un glued” from inside the door.

don’t bother replacing the door check or attempting to fix it. Just well...forget about it! Most have, don’t even think about it anymore.
You could bring it to your dealer but they’ll first have the door check replaced (that won’t fix your issue) than you may even get new door(s) .......but when your design is faulty and nothing is done to resolve it ...ultimately the same thing will occur.

honeslty this is one of those things, I wouldn’t even bother. Just move on, it won’t affect anything.
But it’s your choice, here’s a thread on it. See what others have done.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/creaking-doors-anyone.27405/page-19#post-1271686

OP
OP
Ruby Clatterbox

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I checked the door stop bolts, tight. It does sound like the door itself, thanks Jay13! I should have done a search, but I've never had luck with them. I guess I'll live with it unless there's some way to JB weld it or something. Might take the panel off and see what I can come up with.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I checked the door stop bolts, tight. It does sound like the door itself, thanks Jay13! I should have done a search, but I've never had luck with them. I guess I'll live with it unless there's some way to JB weld it or something. Might take the panel off and see what I can come up with.
No prob!
Someone @NPE102414 did try to also take apart the door and come up with a fix... was more trouble than anything with no solution. I remember him talking about some type of foam adhesive?
You’ll come across it if you read the thread. Ultimately he tries everything than told others to just forget it.

my door does it....I honeslty don’t even hear it anymore.....untill someone new makes a thread 😆

sooner than later you won’t even notice it. I have buddies who’s do the same thing and they didn’t even realize till I pointed it out.
Sponsored