Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, lots of threads on this forum where the green block was replaced and solved the issues.
Thank you, may as well order and replace itā€¦.

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Replacing that box helps IF your problem is fixed/replicated by wiggling wires going into it behind the glove box. I've been hunting CANBUS gremlins for several years now. Replaced the box recently for grins but didn't help.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Okā€¦ replaced both batteries and so far so good except now I donā€™t have response from my heater knobs,ESS or traction control buttons šŸ¤¬ā€¦ gonna have to look at fuses nowā€¦šŸ¤Ø

UPDATE: canā€™t figure it out. Every fuse seems intact. Removed fuse box, reinserted itā€¦ cleaned ground againā€¦. So I took the unit out and will bring it to a local auto electrical shop to test the unit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Replacing that box helps IF your problem is fixed/replicated by wiggling wires going into it behind the glove box. I've been hunting CANBUS gremlins for several years now. Replaced the box recently for grins but didn't help.
Did you ever resolve your issue? I seem to be in the same boat as youā€¦. Replaced batteries, green canbus, cleaned all grounds, reset all fusesā€¦..

OP
OP
Shellbird01

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Shara Unlimited
Did you ever resolve your issue? I seem to be in the same boat as youā€¦. Replaced batteries, green canbus, cleaned all grounds, reset all fusesā€¦..
When researching I saw the 2018ā€™s had grounding issues behind the rad fan, to the transmission, a loose wire at a tail light and others. Some were having the main harness replaced under warranty until we realized it was the bus. Some also said an alternator swapā€¦. Itā€™s very frustrating. Thereā€™s no chance you got an old bus?

Unfortunately often when people get resolutions they donā€™t post it so itā€™s hard to know which are genuine issues. Good luck.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
When researching I saw the 2018ā€™s had grounding issues behind the rad fan, to the transmission, a loose wire at a tail light and others. Some were having the main harness replaced under warranty until we realized it was the bus. Some also said an alternator swapā€¦. Itā€™s very frustrating. Thereā€™s no chance you got an old bus?

Unfortunately often when people get resolutions they donā€™t post it so itā€™s hard to know which are genuine issues. Good luck.
I just swapped out the green canbus this morning, no resolve. I disconnected all extras I put in, cb radio, dash cam, even removed the tazerā€¦. Disconnected all power to the system for at least a half hour and no change. Got underneath with a flashlight to inspect as well as I could the wire harness around the transmission for any issuesā€¦ nothing I could find. I will look at the ground from the fan to the transmission ( is it on the drivers side?)

Iā€™m at such a lossā€¦. Iā€™m bringing it in next week to an auto electrician guy. Hoping he will find the issue.

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I did not. The CANBUS has a myriad of possible failure mechanisms since it connects over a dozen systems. These systems all talk over the same pair of twisted wires. Intermittent faults are very tough to debug. Im just happy I'm not getting some of the worst debacles that have been described on these pages. I really do love driving the thing, even with my various gremlins.

Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I did not. The CANBUS has a myriad of possible failure mechanisms since it connects over a dozen systems. These systems all talk over the same pair of twisted wires. Intermittent faults are very tough to debug. Im just happy I'm not getting some of the worst debacles that have been described on these pages. I really do love driving the thing, even with my various gremlins.
It has for me unfortunately become undrivable as it occurs everyone I start it up now.

OP
OP
Shellbird01

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just swapped out the green canbus this morning, no resolve. I disconnected all extras I put in, cb radio, dash cam, even removed the tazerā€¦. Disconnected all power to the system for at least a half hour and no change. Got underneath with a flashlight to inspect as well as I could the wire harness around the transmission for any issuesā€¦ nothing I could find. I will look at the ground from the fan to the transmission ( is it on the drivers side?)

Iā€™m at such a lossā€¦. Iā€™m bringing it in next week to an auto electrician guy. Hoping he will find the issue.
Any update?

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Any update?
So I heard from the auto electric guy and he said to dry out the TIPM for 24 hours and try that.... which I did.... still no results.

I brought it in to the dealership and they traced it back to the power steering pump.... so then they tell me it's back ordered for at least 3 weeks but they have seen it take a couple of months to come in. I bought one new off of EBay and I'm waiting for it now....I will put it in myself.... so they disconnected the power steering pump and that is the only codes I am getting now..... so hopefully it will come in in a couple of days and this will fix the problem.

I will let you guys know.....

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, got the pump in her today, removal and install went wellā€¦ so far so goodā€¦ no gremlins or codes yet.

Update:

Seems to be working fine so far. Letā€™s see if we can go two days in a rowā€¦šŸ¤ž

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shellbird01

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@geem03 wondering if you tried scanning for errors on your own before the dealer? If so what did it read?
Thx
Sponsored