Sponsored

Crazy noise after last oil change at dealer. Never happened before.

Autumn07728

First Name
Autumn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys v6
I got my 3rd oil changed for my 2021 Willy’s v.6 with 17,000 miles on it at the dealer in mid-Jan, a few days later this noise started happening. It only happens upon first start no matter the time of day or temperature. It happened for almost a week, then stopped, and now is back. Anyone else every hear this noise?

Something else I’ve noticed is the first dealer oil change shows a 6 next to the line item, I’m assuming that’s quarts of oil used. The next two receipts show 7. Did they overfill my oil twice? I thought these 3.6s only take 5.9 quarts? Could this be part of the problem?

Obviously I’m not mechanically inclined, and want to see what to expect should I have to fight with the dealer over this.

The dealer already hates me because I take Crazy Harry on trails… they’ve flagged me. The video is not clipped, ffwd to the jeep being started..
Sponsored

Attachments

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Your 3.6L only holds five quarts. If they have put six in before, and now you think they have put in seven quarts, that dealer is ready to compete in The Special Olympics.

I‘d firmly suggest to check the oil level and go from there.

Your noise could be from an over full condition, incorrect weight oil, or all of the above.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Yes, go check your oil level!!!
Sponsored