Sponsored

Crazy days

• Thread starter Deleted member 59498
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 59498

I still think it is weird I drove my JLUR M6 (loved the manual) for nearly 2 years (low miles) and got 4 to 5k more than I paid for it, no moab rock painting. Still fill like someone is going to say no, we are changing that deal. Even though it is closed and done.

The prices today for used cars is insane.
Sponsored

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I still think it is weird I drove my JLUR M6 (loved the manual) for nearly 2 years (low miles) and got 4 to 5k more than I paid for it, no moab rock painting. Still fill like someone is going to say no, we are changing that deal. Even though it is closed and done.

The prices today for used cars is insane.
I completely agree. It’s insane and does not make much sense-Whatsoever. Someone is going to take some really big financial hits at some point. There is no way around it.

I just sold 2 of my cars (a Porsche and a Mustang Bullitt). I had owned both for 15 years and actually got more than I paid for them. I’ve bought and sold a LOT of cars over the years and I’ve never seen this level of crazy. (I originally had no intentions of selling either car but the market likely will never be like this in my lifetime).
On the plus side, I’m keeping my Jeeps, because turning one over, just to buy another at an inflated price makes little sense-at least in CA where the sales/use tax and registration eats up any real profit.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

It reminds me of the days from 1996 to 2008 with give everyone a new home days. Bubble has to bust.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
My wife's suburban- a 2019. We had 7 MONTHS left on the lease. Dealership just took it back and gave us $10k cash. What the actual F!!!?

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, sold my wife's 2016 Mazda CX-5 to Carmax in October for $22k which is $9k less than when we bought it. March of 2021 it was worth $15k.

My Wrangler shows a crazy price. Was at a dealer the other day that has about 50 used Wranglers and a 2019 like mine was listed at $3k less than my MSRP plus it has 45k more miles than mine does now. Granted most new cars are selling at MSRP or have a "market adjustment".
Sponsored