Sponsored

Crawler-Max Bumper, Smittybilt X2O 10K Synthetic Rope Winch & D-Series Cube Fog Lights

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
Other than slightly crushed my finger when I tried to install my bumper, I successfully installed my bumper (with a little helps from 4 wheel Parts), my winch and may additional fog lights.

Day 1, my bumper came in on Friday. the outside packaging was 50% damage, but the foam and bubble wrap kept everything protected. Follow the various youtube tutorial on how to remove the plastic bumper and the LED Fog Lights, I got everything off ok. Just when I thought mounting the Crawler bumper should be easy. The 8 screws are not 100% align. I eventually Crushed my finger when I tried to catch the bumper when It dropped. Lesson learned.
1> wear glove

I managed to keep 4 bolts in place to keep the bumper on, but give up the idea to finish it up myself. Went to 4 Wheel Parts and asked for help. Thanks to their helps, the put it on in no time, and I was told the had to adjust the mounting bracket a tiny bit to fit it in. (I had no idea you can do that...). I was prepared to pay, and the guy did I for free, so in return, I bought the winch and the fog lights from him. (Fri-Night)

With some helps and good info from here, I managed to installed the 2 fog lights using Aux 3 to turn them on/off. Overall pretty easy. (Sat)

Came home after church and start my last project. Winch installation. It would have been a lot easier if I install it with the bumper off, but due to my crushed finger, I did all that with the bumper still on the Jeep. Took me about 3/4 hours, but the last time I worked on my own car is almost 20yrs ago.

A7_02055 copy.jpg

My Jeep.jpg
Sponsored

mackerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker JLUR
I was recently looking to get this front bumper for my JLUR but they indicate the OEM Rubicon LED fog lights will not fit to this bumper. Did you have any issues?

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I was recently looking to get this front bumper for my JLUR but they indicate the OEM Rubicon LED fog lights will not fit to this bumper. Did you have any issues?
Plastic bumper LEDs will fit, Steel bumper group LEDs have a different mount and don't fit many aftermarket bumpers.
Sponsored