OP
OP
Rudicon

Rudicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon - Unlimited JL - Ocean Blue!
I forgot to mention in the first post. I LOVE seeing this. It may not mean much to most people when they see it, or more likely they don't even notice it at all. But, this tells me 1 very important thing. That seatbelt was fastened when the crash occurred. Great job on the passenger for wearing their seatbelt. I assume the driver side belt looks the same, you just can't see it from this angle. Well done.:clap:

good.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rudicon

Rudicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yes, seatbelts were on and if they weren't I'm pretty sure we would have had much worse injuries. It was scary enough as it is and I can tell you there is no time in an accident to reach over and put a seatbelt on! Wear your seatbelts and check your kids! I reminded my son on the way out of the driveway that morning!

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
My beautiful baby blue got wrecked this weekend by a careless driver without a license who came into my lane in the snow/ice. Supposedly he has insurance (not sure how without a license) but we are going thru my insurance at Geico.

First, the Jeep performed amazing on the impact. it was a hard hit and driver front and side airbags deployed and passenger airbag, thank god or the outcome would have been way different. We walked away with minor bruises basically.
Thank you for that Jeep!

Now the tough part, my jeep is less than a year old. How do I make sure they use OEM parts and the airbags are reinstalled safely etc.? I think they will repair it, I don't think it will be a totaled... I'm so saddened that my brand new jeep is now going to be a mess. The pics don't look that bad, but the front end is pushed in probably about 16" from where it's supposed to be.

Any thoughts about how to make sure they use OEM parts (not after market) etc.? I'm also worried about the color being off after repair etc.

Thanks!

IMG_7235.JPG

IMG_7236.JPG

IMG_7243.JPG

IMG_7244.JPG

IMG_7245.JPG

IMG_7246.JPG
I am almost certain they will total it and you will get a new Jeep.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Wife says that in alot of cases deployment of airbags constitutes a total loss, not across the board but in many cases. Keep us posted
I agree, we had a Honda minivan that looked way better than this and the airbags deployed and they totaled. it.

Sponsored

RandyB-JL19

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL - Sport S
What a great testimonial to the structural integrity of the JL. Like everyone, glad you are OK.

With the true body on frame construction, it will be hard to fully restore this vehicle without problems in the future. You should press insurance (yours or theirs) for a total loss. The previous post on airbag deployment is usually true. My wife's brand new 4-Runner (body on frame) had a slow impact and was totalled.

If Colorado is like Texas, the whole insurance requirement is shady...folks get 1-month certificates from 3rd rate insurers and off they go.
Sad for your Jeep - but they are sturdy and this one did its job protecting you. Needs retirement.

302lockedandloaded

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Black
Same exact type of damage I went through with my JLU Rubicon in December. Careless young driver did not yield to me going straight through light. He went to turn and we basically had head on collision. My airbags deployed. I was positive they were going to total it and they did not. I actually should be getting it back the end of this week. Date of Crash was December. I have been driving Chevy Equinox the entire winter and it has been absolute hell. They had to replace engine components, axles, and even a new frame. Ridiculous what they go through now to avoid totaling a vehicle. I'll try to post some pictures up so you can compare damages, but yours looks almost exactly like mine (damage-wise)

russellstaylor

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ, 2016 Wrangler Willy's
My experience-
You can demand factory parts, although you may have to threaten to bring in a lawyer. That really depends on if the insurance company wants to jerk you around.
And yes, if it's repaired they will have to pay you depreciation! I have done this several times. I had a bad luck streak in the 80's, several wrecks that were not my fault.
I did have to threaten once to get a lawyer involved. They did not want to give me any depreciation.
What I did each time was this-
I went to the dealership and had their appraiser give me a written statement.
It had what my vehicle would be worth if it had not been wrecked, and what it was worth after being repaired. The difference between the two is the amount the insurance company would have to pay you. DO NOT let the insurance company come up with an amount.

One last thing, tell the repair shop that you are extremely picky and that you want your Jeep to look exactly like it did before the wreck.
That may drive up their estimate and convince the insurance company to total it.
Sorry for the lengthy response...

Sponsored

302lockedandloaded

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Black
As far as using OEM parts, you can have them email you a copy of their parts list that they ordered. They did for me anyhow since I had a mutual friend that use to work at the body shop I took it to. That’s my fear to is having an issue on a brand new Jeep from them having to repair it. I paid for a new vehicle, and now I have a “refurbished” vehicle. It just doesn’t seem fair, I get it. Especially since I haven’t been able to utilize any of my “weather group package” in the snow lol, I’ve had to walk outside and actually start the car in the snow, re-DICULOUS.

Big Lebowski

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Glad to see you are ok, and how your JLU performed in a collision. For your sake, I hope they total it. About 4 years ago, my Jeep Grand Cherokee was parked in front of my house, and got hit by a 20 year old texting. (Yes, really). He hit it so hard, he sheared off the drivers side rear wheel and it slid 20' on its belly. In total, he did $22k worth of damage and because it was SIX MONTHS OLD, it wasn't even half the cost/value of the car so it was NOT totaled out. This was no where near as bad as yours, which has significant front end damage, and air bags deployed. I wouldn't be worried about OEM parts, I'd be worried about your frame alignment...no way that's ever going to be right again.

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

View attachment 144428

IMG_1749.JPG

IMG_1750.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
Rudicon

Rudicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same exact type of damage I went through with my JLU Rubicon in December. Careless young driver did not yield to me going straight through light. He went to turn and we basically had head on collision. My airbags deployed. I was positive they were going to total it and they did not. I actually should be getting it back the end of this week. Date of Crash was December. I have been driving Chevy Equinox the entire winter and it has been absolute hell. They had to replace engine components, axles, and even a new frame. Ridiculous what they go through now to avoid totaling a vehicle. I'll try to post some pictures up so you can compare damages, but yours looks almost exactly like mine (damage-wise)

OP
OP
Rudicon

Rudicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yikes, thanks for the info. Hope you are all healed up.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Man I don't understand how those are not totaled. Looks like those would cause FRAMES to become misaligned and a PIT to get everything lined up.
Sponsored