Sponsored

Crappy 5 inch screen gone in all 2022 models?

Bgolden87

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys Unlimited
I was looking to order a 2022 Willys Sport and was told they are all coming standard with the 7inch screens now, no more 5 inch...anyone know if this is true? Thanks
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I was looking to order a 2022 Willys Sport and was told they are all coming standard with the 7inch screens now, no more 5 inch...anyone know if this is true? Thanks
I found out that the Rubicons and Saharas come standard with the largest screens now, so this wouldn’t surprise me.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yeah, heard that as well. Even the basic sport will have the 7" screen now. That would be cool, but wondering what the price impact will be there if true.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Even the basic sport will have the 7" screen now. That would be cool, but wondering what the price impact will be there if true.
A Samsung tablet costs a few hundred dollars so that will approximate the price impact.
Note that manufacturing 2 screens instead of 3 screens will reduce the cost of manufacture overall.

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
How did you find that out?
I ordered a '22 Rubicon last week. I wanted the front camera, then decided against adding the upgraded stereo + infotainment center that it required, but the sales person I was working with pointed out that both of those were now standard on those models.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a '22 Rubicon last week. I wanted the front camera, then decided against adding the upgraded stereo + infotainment center that it required, but the sales person I was working with pointed out that both of those were now standard on those models.
It could be a chip issue decision too, or temporary.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Samsung tablet costs a few hundred dollars so that will approximate the price impact.
Note that manufacturing 2 screens instead of 3 screens will reduce the cost of manufacture overall.
Yep, and I know they're phasing those size screens out in other vehicles, so it would make sense from a timing standpoint. Wrangler is traditionally last to get some of that tech.

Teldershaw

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Interesting… I ordered a 22 JLUR on the 9th and my dealer didn’t mention anything about it. Hopefully mines the same 🤟🏼

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Yeah, heard that as well. Even the basic sport will have the 7" screen now. That would be cool, but wondering what the price impact will be there if true.
It should carry no price increase as it's very inexpensive to produce them. 7" is one of the smallest screens out there at curent time.
Wrangler is due for interior redesign to keep with times and gain comfort.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It should carry no price increase as it's very inexpensive to produce them. 7" is one of the smallest screens out there at curent time.
Wrangler is due for interior redesign to keep with times and gain comfort.
I'm sure it's still "more" and they'll pass that cost along. I'm sure part of that just comes with annual increase anyway though.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I find it funny that no one really seems to care about the mechanical aspects of a vehicle much these days as much as they do about the size of the screen and the tech widgets. Kinda sad actually.
Sponsored