Sponsored

Crankshaft Position Sensor on Brand new JL 2018 2.0

td1618

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2.0 Turbo
This is a brand new custom ordered JL with the 2.0 Engine. After 10-15 miles driven off the lot the check engine light came on. When you start the vehicle it sputters then starts and smoothens out. The ride is normal from then on out. Jeep service says a new Crankshaft Position Sensor is the culprit and they are awaiting the part ....

Questions are (maybe loaded questions ???) .. does this bode well for a brand new vehicle (Wrangler or any..) to have this issue? Is it likely an issue with the sensor or indicative of an inherent issue with the engine, i.e. a lemon. I'm hoping it is just a faulty solid state sensor and it took a significant drive to show its malfunction.

The vehicle is not fully in my possession so I am still weighing my options. Obviously, I don't want to be in and out of service for a 39 month lease.

Added to my frustration is the delivery took an extra 1.5 months after expected ... due to additional quality checks :facepalm
Sponsored

kd5pff

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon
This happened to mine but it was related to a bad PCM. Mine would do it and give me an electronic throttle sensor error.

Dealer had it for 2 weeks, then 1 day after picking it up it now has a brake sensor fault... But the PCM is new and probably good now.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Edit: Just noticed the thread is a year old......

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This happened to mine but it was related to a bad PCM. Mine would do it and give me an electronic throttle sensor error.

Dealer had it for 2 weeks, then 1 day after picking it up it now has a brake sensor fault... But the PCM is new and probably good now.
Hi Alex,
We're sorry to hear about your concerns. I wanted to let you know that I looked into your case and your case manager did reach out to you yesterday requesting that you contact him. Feel free to private message us if you are unable to get in contact.
Alex
JeepCares

tcarpenter87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport.
This thread is old but where is that sensor located I can not find it to save my life
Sponsored