Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
On delivery of my JLUR nearly 2 months ago, I noticed a chip on one of the instrument cluster bezels. Now, this is on the inner side of the bezel, and the only way it could have happened is if it was a manufacturing defect. There's also specs of dust on the inside as can be seen in the pics below.

I thought I will get over it as these are typical FCA product quality issues, but now it is bothering me to no end. I didn't care about fixing this initially as this would require the dealership to rip apart the full dash and instrument panel to replace the chipped bezel.

Anyways, I plan to take it to the dealer tomorrow to have it checked. Just wanted a sense from the forum on the level of effort required to replace the chipped bezel. I am also concerned about squeaks and re-fitment once the entire front dash and instrument cluster will be disassembled. Any thoughts ?

IMG_1750.jpeg

IMG_1748.jpeg

IMG_1749.jpeg
Sponsored

Kgeezy

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cr-v; 19 Ascent premium
On delivery of my JLUR nearly 2 months ago, I noticed a chip on one of the instrument cluster bezels. Now, this is on the inner side of the bezel, and the only way it could have happened is if it was a manufacturing defect. There's also specs of dust on the inside as can be seen in the pics below.

I thought I will get over it as these are typical FCA product quality issues, but now it is bothering me to no end. I didn't care about fixing this initially as this would require the dealership to rip apart the full dash and instrument panel to replace the chipped bezel.

Anyways, I plan to take it to the dealer tomorrow to have it checked. Just wanted a sense from the forum on the level of effort required to replace the chipped bezel. I am also concerned about squeaks and re-fitment once the entire front dash and instrument cluster will be disassembled. Any thoughts ?

IMG_1750.jpeg

IMG_1748.jpeg

IMG_1749.jpeg
Wouldn't touch it brotha. Let sleeping dogs lie. It will fall to the background, having a tech tear it apart, getting a loaner, and assuming it will be put back together perfectly is foolish.

OP
OP
zingat

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man. That has been my attitude so far. It sucks that I would have to make this compromise ... looking at that blemish every day I drive the JLUR.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Can you put a dab of touch up paint on that ? Normally, a dab of clear nail polish will blend nicks/scratches that aren't down to the base material color, but this looks deeper

OP
OP
zingat

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
Can you put a dab of touch up paint on that ? Normally, a dab of clear nail polish will blend nicks/scratches that aren't down to the base material color, but this looks deeper
Its on the back / inner side of the bezel - not accessible :-(.

OP
OP
zingat

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
Update - I could not stand looking at that chip and had the lens replaced under warranty by Jeep service. Feel so relieved that the dash looks normal now. Thanks all.
Sponsored