Cowl Mounts For Baja Design Lights

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Gang,

What mounts are you gals and guys using to mount 3.5" to 4" LED lights to the cowl?
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i picked up the rough country kit which includes 2" led lights and low profile mount. i love the low clean and simple mount. the 2" led fits nicely and "tight". i would double check if your light will fit and clear the windsheild. zroadz have similar one too.

Sentinel

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Baja Designs sells their own kit with the A pillar cowl mount and lights.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Baja Designs sells their own kit with the A pillar cowl mount and lights.
Thanks for that; I finally found it after a bit of a search, but I think I like the Mopar mount a little better then the BD one...decisions...decisions. ;)

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Just ordered the Artec dual light mounts. We will see how they look when I get them. I considered the RC 2” kit but looked too small for my needs. Good price tho.

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
The KC ones are minimalistic and install easy. Hold my 6" slimlites rigid.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the Artec dual light mounts. We will see how they look when I get them. I considered the RC 2” kit but looked too small for my needs. Good price tho.
This is by far my favorite a-pillar light mount out there right now. Only reason I don't have it is because it was designed for rigid industries ds series cube lights. Great, high quality lights but I'm wanting to stick with Baja Designs for all exterior lighting. What makes rigid cubes different from the rest is their inset hidden mounting points vs the outer edge mounting points of Baja and others. If only artec would release a version that accommodates a wider mounting dimension.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
This is by far my favorite a-pillar light mount out there right now. Only reason I don't have it is because it was designed for rigid industries ds series cube lights. Great, high quality lights but I'm wanting to stick with Baja Designs for all exterior lighting. What makes rigid cubes different from the rest is their inset hidden mounting points vs the outer edge mounting points of Baja and others. If only artec would release a version that accommodates a wider mounting dimension.
holy crap. I did not know that. Well damn. I was planning to mount some Traveller cube lights from TSC. Guess I’m going to have to do some modifying.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
holy crap. I did not know that. Well damn. I was planning to mount some Traveller cube lights from TSC. Guess I’m going to have to do some modifying.
Found this random shot of another rigid light that fits inside the bracket ears. So more than the ds series fits. You should search some light options that fit that narrower space
Jeep Wrangler JL Cowl Mounts For Baja Design Lights jjdhgshux_resized

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Found this random shot of another rigid light that fits inside the bracket ears. So more than the ds series fits. You should search some light options that fit that narrower space
Thanks. I’m wondering if the 4” pods would fit on there as that was my original plan. Once I get the mounts this week I’ll do some test fitting.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I’m wondering if the 4” pods would fit on there as that was my original plan. Once I get the mounts this week I’ll do some test fitting.
I would've gone with the rigid side shooters on these mounts, to also gets some peripheral illumination

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I ended up buying the @BajaDesigns single cowl mounts and their XL-R Sport High Speed Spot Lights. I recently dumped XFinity as my ISP and went to AT&T Fiber. AT&T "paid" me $400 in Visa gift cards to switch and I used them to fund this endeavor. This will complete my light upgrades and so I am good for now. If/when the cheap cube reverse lights I installed fail, I may look at BD or Rigid for replacements.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
So I ended up buying the @BajaDesigns single cowl mounts and their XL-R Sport High Speed Spot Lights. I recently dumped XFinity as my ISP and went to AT&T Fiber. AT&T "paid" me $400 in Visa gift cards to switch and I used them to fund this endeavor. This will complete my light upgrades and so I am good for now. If/when the cheap cube reverse lights I installed fail, I may look at BD or Rigid for replacements.
Thinking of the single cowl mount bracket also. Post some pictures and let us know what you think?

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking of the single cowl mount bracket also. Post some pictures and let us know what you think?
The lights arrive next week and will definitely post photos after the install.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here are the mounts and the lights (lights came in a bit ago). Now, to build the wiring harness and mount.

dChgtV.jpg

dChSAx.jpg
Sponsored