Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Shhhhh.... Hush your mouth baby, hush it.

Clearly you feel very passionate about the coronavirus.
...far less so Kevin than people who assume I'm in a tizzy about getting it, and assure me that I won't, knowing nothing about me and lacking in any scientific basis to make that determination.

@TEXGOAT : when I made these statements about other's predictive abilities they were in response to Kevin's specific guarantees as to my remaining health; guarantees that I've never offered others.

...and @Notorious, people who seem to not realize that it's not about "me," or "you," but "us."

At best you misread me. At worst you don't get me because you don't read. You see this need to calm COVID fears I have that are out of proportion to science, that don't actually exist.

My annoyance far more lies in some ridiculous posts above that seek to debunk science.

Even flatulence remarks are fine with me, as they don't sway readers to do stupid things based on bad guidance.

That there are other things out there undiscovered that can harm us (worse,) is as true as it also is irrelevant. I don't need context to better fit COVID into the group of things that might kill me, anymore than our response to the pandemic should change simply because other threats have or may come to our attention. Your point is irrelevant.

If those threats materialize and/or are discovered, probability of damage and our ability to control them must enter into the calculus before priorities to our fights are assigned. The perfect example of this was limited penicillin supplies given to able bodied soldiers in WW II with STDs, who could quickly reenter the fight once treated, over those with battle wounds.

What do you propose? Quarantining everyone? Where do you draw the line?
See my point about you not reading. I already advocate a controlled, testing based, phased, mask wearing restart of our economy despite absence of cure, because death from COVID has to be counterbalanced with death from poverty.

For what it is worth, I continue to follow the professional courtesy in making others feel safe.
"Feel?" You should be taking these steps to reduce infection far more than managing people's perceptions. You should take these steps because you're interested in fairness and want others to act in kind to prevent your infection, which can negatively effect you and those around you.

All human beings have an expiration date and if someone doesn’t die from the coronavirus, they will die from something else.
This point is as true as it is only 1/2 of the equation. The other half is that things within our control can also determine our fate. Without the second half you've all but made the argument that skydiving sans parachute makes sense because, heck, we're all going to die anyway. The issue isn't death, so much as if reasonable steps could have been taken to prolong meaningful life.
Sponsored

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This is a very simple problem to solve. Put down your phones, get in your JL's and go find a place with no cell service. Stay there as long as you can, enjoy nature, enjoy the fresh air, ignore all idiots that just assume they are smarter in all things than the next guy.

When you come back to civilization it will either exist or it won't, but either way you will have had an awesome time, using your jeep the way it was intended.

WaX

OP
OP

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
That's a curious question. The answer is not even close to 75.

A better question might be why you'd ask it. Do you see my rationale as the "get off my lawn," theatrics of a senior? Maybe you wonder, as someone not likely to die from COVID if contracting it, because of my younger age, why I care.

Despite COVID killing people of all ages for reasons we can't yet explain as to why one person dies, while another merely gets sniffles, sure: the elderly are more impacted, but NOT anywhere near the extent you've written this off in above posts as in large part just another age related morbidity factor like cancer or heart disease. Let me know if you want reliable data on that.

Oh wait, these elderly mostly died of diminished heath causes and just happen to have COVID and got bucketed as dying from COVID, right? If that were the case, there'd be no spike in elderly death rates recently.

Shame on me, I care about people other than myself, specifically the elderly in this case.

Let's assume you to aren't of this senior age. Let's assume only old people died from COVID. Wouldn't you want those younger individuals to take reasonable steps to reduce your chances of dying? Well fairness would dictate that you act in a hygienic manner today, as you would hope those younger to act decades from now were the situation today, manifested at some future time.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...At best you misread me. At worst you don't get me because you don't read. You see this need to calm COVID fears I have that are out of proportion to science, that don't actually exist....
Even flatulence remarks are fine with me, as they don't sway readers to do stupid things based on bad guidance...See my point about you not reading. I already advocate a controlled, testing based, phased, mask wearing restart of our economy despite absence of cure, because death from COVID has to be counterbalanced with death from poverty.... "Feel?" You should be taking these steps to reduce infection far more than managing people's perceptions....
I’ll be the first to admit that your posts, while thoughtful and welcome, are long. I do skim them without really reading them because after a while, everyone all starts to sound the same. Also, not sure what you do for a living but I’m incredibly busy dealing with people in this stressful new world. Time towards being social and taking a break is a luxury that I don’t really have. Thoughts influence behavior - if you want to control behavior, you control the thought. Lastly, thank you for liking my juvenile farting CoviD19 jokes.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Hey, guys! I just found out it's fun to joke about things that haven't affected me!

Everyone needs to chill. It's fine to take the virus seriously and it's fine to be upset about the fallout. But the reality is that the whole world has been dealing with this thing, and we have plenty of other countries to use as examples of what worked and what didn't. Spain just recorded zero new deaths today. That's awesome. We're still racking up about 1,000 deaths a day.

It was time to put our pride aside and take real steps months ago, but we didn't, so now we just kind of have to keep slugging through this thing and living with it. ALL of it. The health impacts, the economic impacts. We hurt ourselves more by not doing what was needed initially. A lot of you guys take pride in doing things the right way the first time: I don't know why you have such a hard time seeing the parallels here.

Once more, to everyone, just try to help out your fellow man. If you don't know anyone who got the virus or died from it, I envy you and I hope it stays that way. But just stop saying downright cruel things to people you don't even know. @TEXGOAT you should be suspended for a few days or something for what you said to that person. Just crazy that you'd say that to someone.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Took the Jeep on an hour cruise then went to dinner with the wife. Had a nice meal and a couple beers. I couldn't ask for more after a long week of work. Life's good.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Hey, guys! I just found out it's fun to joke about things that haven't affected me!
I have friends and coworkers who’ve had it and fortunately all have recovered. Sharing the world with other people who have been impacted by it, impacts us all. That being said, I am sincerely rooting for anyone impacted to be able to find their inner strength and heal/recover quickly.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I have friends and coworkers who’ve had it and fortunately all have recovered. Sharing the world with other people who have been impacted by it, impacts us all. That being said, I am sincerely rooting for anyone impacted to be able to find their inner strength and heal/recover quickly.
That's awesome, and I'm glad to hear they all recovered. I've known a few people with it, and unfortunately not all recovered and one right now is in bad shape.

Then by all means share whatever you feel comfortable sharing or defend yourself in some way, because what you said to that person was totally out of line and makes you look petty.
Sponsored