Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
..a ridiculous statistic taken out of context.

Context:

https://time.com/5815367/coronavirus-deaths-comparison/

…and if you cannot understand that the mask is for others means that you "wear it to protect others more than yourself (although it does the latter)," not that "it is for others to wear"--and I think you understand perfectly-- I can't help you.

People who use "freedom" when justifying behavior like not wearing a mask in public need to understand that we live in a country of laws: which by definition limit our freedom.

We accept these laws, some more than others, because following them as a society largely produces a better result than the harm that can result from providing the freedom to not have to abide by them.

And funny, if not also an example--if you went out and got yourself a private insurance policy that paid for you to live out your life as a vegetable in the event of a traumatic brain injury from, say, riding a motorcycle without a helmet and getting into a bad accident--funny enough--I'd respect that if not agree with it; as you'd paid for your choice.

But expect the State to pick up the tab and that very State has a right to impose conditions on you to decrease the chances that they'll have to make that financial outlay.

But contagion: that's a whole different animal. You can't catch a coma as sure as anyone can this. We are called upon as a society to limit our freedoms and wear a mask so all of us reduce our chances of being (negatively) affected by it: a far greater reduction in freedom; the potential ultimate one being death.

0.3 %, assuming the number correct, is enormous. It's so large that in another realm, Wall St., where deals are equally huge, it's known as 30 basis points--a percentage if you could have, of the most profitable COVID-19 vaccine producer, would likely make you a multimillionaire.

But I'm sure you'd turn it down: after all it's only 0.3 %.

Not wearing a mask in public: selpid--an amalgamation of selfish and stupid. The imposition is so minimal, the risk mitigation so potentially huge: even if you merely get sick for 2 weeks--as if your spread to others wasn't equally huge.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
You all know nothing about covid.......nobody does, and thats just the way it was planned. Why did the flu virus end with covid, yep nobody has died from the flu since covid started, my ass, hundreds of thousands of elderly and unhealthy people with issues die every year from the flu just....like.....every.....year......but not this year, nope, everybody is dying from covid. I smell a rat. If you think its selfish and dangerous to not wear a mask this year then why haven't you been wearing them the last hundred years of cold and flu seasons that have killed hundreds of thousands of people. The death rate is the same, it's actually less if you subtract all the deaths that were labeled covid and later found not to be. People just want to believe what everybody is believing....Conformity will ruin america. Take care of yourself and keep on going, that's all we can do, that's all we've ever done.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
..a ridiculous statistic taken out of context.

Context:

https://time.com/5815367/coronavirus-deaths-comparison/

…and if you cannot understand that the mask is for others means that you "wear it to protect others more than yourself (although it does the latter)," not that "it is for others to wear"--and I think you understand perfectly-- I can't help you.

People who use "freedom" when justifying behavior like not wearing a mask in public need to understand that we live in a country of laws: which by definition limit our freedom.

We accept these laws, some more than others, because following them as a society largely produces a better result than the harm that can result from providing the freedom to not have to abide by them.

And funny, if not also an example--if you went out and got yourself a private insurance policy that paid for you to live out your life as a vegetable in the event of a traumatic brain injury from, say, riding a motorcycle without a helmet and getting into a bad accident--funny enough--I'd respect that if not agree with it; as you'd paid for your choice.

But expect the State to pick up the tab and that very State has a right to impose conditions on you to decrease the chances that they'll have to make that financial outlay.

But contagion: that's a whole different animal. You can't catch a coma as sure as anyone can this. We are called upon as a society to limit our freedoms and wear a mask so all of us reduce our chances of being (negatively) affected by it: a far greater reduction in freedom; the potential ultimate one being death.

0.3 %, assuming the number correct, is enormous. It's so large that in another realm, Wall St., where deals are equally huge, it's known as 30 basis points--a percentage if you could have, of the most profitable COVID-19 vaccine producer, would likely make you a multimillionaire.

But I'm sure you'd turn it down: after all it's only 0.3 %.

Not wearing a mask in public: selpid--an amalgamation of selfish and stupid. The imposition is so minimal, the risk mitigation so potentially huge: even if you merely get sick for 2 weeks--as if your spread to others wasn't equally huge.
I understand your 30 basis points analogy. But from the quality of the posts so far, I would venture to guess that not a lot of people you are trying to persuade here actually understands it. ;)

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
If someone is destroying public property, looting, rioting and engaging in senseless acts of violence and destruction against people, places and things out in public... does them wearing a facial mask help stop, slow or contribute to the spread of CoviD19? Would you consider people wearing the mask thoughtful or hypocritical? What about those who are publicly protesting acts of violence by engaging in them?

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
If your that concerned about getting sick buy a n95 or n100 mask and wear it everywhere.

The only time I am required to wear a mask is if a store requires it that I want to enter. There is no law here as the governors emergency powers ran out long ago. I for one am done with this mask shit.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
The only time I am required to wear a mask is if a store requires it that I want to enter... mask shit.
Thank you for this. When I pass gas, it tends to stink so bad that when I let loose, I can clear a room.

Which leads me to say that I take great comfort in knowing that your nose will be all exposed to my flatulence in all of it’s vile, putrid and heinous glory.

For that, I thank you.

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
You all know nothing about covid.......nobody does, and thats just the way it was planned. Why did the flu virus end with covid, yep nobody has died from the flu since covid started, my ass, hundreds of thousands of elderly and unhealthy people with issues die every year from the flu just....like.....every.....year......but not this year, nope, everybody is dying from covid. I smell a rat. If you think its selfish and dangerous to not wear a mask this year then why haven't you been wearing them the last hundred years of cold and flu seasons that have killed hundreds of thousands of people. The death rate is the same, it's actually less if you subtract all the deaths that were labeled covid and later found not to be. People just want to believe what everybody is believing....Conformity will ruin america. Take care of yourself and keep on going, that's all we can do, that's all we've ever done.
My views are inline with yours, spot on! Glad I’m not the only one thinking outside the box.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Thank you for this. When I pass gas, it tends to stink so bad that when I let loose, I can clear a room.

Which leads me to say that I take great comfort in knowing that your nose will be all exposed to my flatulence in all of it’s vile, putrid and heinous glory.

For that, I thank you.
Nice....I expect you may pleasure yourself to that thought.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Nice....I expect you may pleasure yourself to that thought.
You are correct. But it goes beyond pleasure. The only thing deadlier than CoviD19 are the CoviD19 farts.

They're silent: you won’t hear them coming. But when they arrive, you’ll... nose (Pun intended).

Masks are irrelevant, resistance is futile. Protesting is vain for nothing can save anyone from the foul smell of the farts.

These linger. They stay. They make the eyes water. And only the foul and most wretched must endure them in my hot, no windows down and no fresh air, Dutch oven.

And that is all for now. Thank you.

:CWL:

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Dude seriously you should probably just stay in the house the next 3 years and you should be fine. Me? Hell I've had my top off for a month and a half and it won't be going back on until October.
Why only 3 years, though? Cases may never be zero so the OP may be wearing hishis N95 mask, hazmat suit and stay under his bed for an undetermined amount of time.

There could even be zero cases but people like the OP will still be freaked out because "it may return".
Sponsored