Coverking Topliner

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
I’d appreciate hearing some feedback after a couple of years; any problems with failure of the adhesive or regrets not mentioned above?
@Upnarms
@AndyMcConnell

Thanks!
No issues with any adhesive failure through 2 AZ summers. Funny, I don't even notice the liner and forget I put it in until I sit in another jeep with the white top. Im very happy with it. Would be nice if there was a thermal barrier as well, like adding some reflective radiant barrier, but honestly I'm not sure how big a difference it would be. I had hotheads in my jk, there probably is a difference but it isn't significant. The coverking does cut down on that radiating heat, however, I have a rhino rack and freespirit hard shell rtt now that prevents most direct sun hitting the hard top.
Sponsored

AndyMcConnell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR, 2018 Entegra Insignia 44R
Vehicle Showcase
I’d appreciate hearing some feedback after a couple of years; any problems with failure of the adhesive or regrets not mentioned above?
@Upnarms
@AndyMcConnell

Thanks!

No problems with ours so far. We did add additional adhesive at a couple of spots at install ourselves where we thought it was a it light, and it seems to have held up great.

It all cleans up easily after hitting trails and getting dust and dirt all over, though we haven't managed to throw mud onto the top or anything yet.

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
@andy,

I am getting a wrangler and will need a headliner. Also, I'm in AZ so I can appreciate the concerns about our heat. Do you think the CK Headliner would work if some dynamatted the underside of the hardtop.

On my last Wrangler, I had a HotHeads and made my on "sound asassian" strips with the left over NOICO mat from an old Mustang. Seeing it Coverking got me thinking if you matted the entire top, it would reduce sound, and might act as a radient barrier.

Thoughts and thanks?

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
@andy,

I am getting a wrangler and will need a headliner. Also, I'm in AZ so I can appreciate the concerns about our heat. Do you think the CK Headliner would work if some dynamatted the underside of the hardtop.

On my last Wrangler, I had a HotHeads and made my on "sound asassian" strips with the left over NOICO mat from an old Mustang. Seeing it Coverking got me thinking if you matted the entire top, it would reduce sound, and might act as a radient barrier.

Thoughts and thanks?
Im not sure the adhesion would be good to the mat. .the adhesive steps for the cover king are like a double sided sticky tape but not. It's very thin, almost more like a thin layer of contact cement. It works great and I've had so issues, but I would wonder if it was against another material other than a hard surface how well it would do. It's a risk. Plus the cover king is molded pretty well to the roof, don't know how much space/tolerance there is.
Sponsored