Coverking Topliner

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
Has anyone tried the Coverking Topliner for their jeep yet. I like the look of it and was hoping for some feedback before purchasing. Here is a link to the YouTube video I found.
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Has anyone tried the Coverking Topliner for their jeep yet. I like the look of it and was hoping for some feedback before purchasing. Here is a link to the YouTube video I found.
It looks awfully thin to me, especially compared to a Hothead headliner, which is only around $100 more (with the Labor Day discount). Hotheads get great reviews.
If you're just going for looks, the Coverking looks great. The Coverking looks like they way it should come from the factory. For better insulation, I'd go Hotheads.

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
This just came up as a Facebook ad in my feed. I was also going to ask. It definitely looks thin, but sure does improve the look of the white hardtop.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I saw the same ad today. Weird. It looks like there is a lot more work involved with the Coverking liners than the Hothead liners. The Coverking liner appears to cover 100% of the hardtop but is substantially thinner than the Hotheads. I imagine Coverking might provide better sound deadening since it does cover the entire hardtop.

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hey Heather:

Part of any headliner owner's appreciation for the product they bought, I believe, is going into the purchase with clear expectations.

Headliners excel, some more than others, at addressing visual appearance and climate control: particularly reducing summer heat. If sound abatement is your thing, headliners will help but it's not the product's main benefit.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Someone needs to try this out. The one thing i hate about the Jeep is the white inside
That's why I put a sunshade under the hardtop. Does a surprisingly good job at darkening the inside.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
https://www.coverking.com/amp/topliner.html

I was just looking at this too based on a Facebook ad. It is interesting to me as I’d like to improve the interior appearance, but not interested in a home make paint job that wouldn’t look professional enough to me.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That is a fairly reasonable price too, someone take the plunge and do a review! I know some of y'all have spare money to throw around.

Sponsored

sgtlopez79

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited
Was going to pull the trigger but the adhesive strips in the back seat section don't look like it will hold it up for long.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Just ordered this today, got a good black Friday deal. Takes a week or two to make and ship. I'll post my experience with it after the install. Northridge 4x4 and coverking both make install videos. As to if the adhesive strips will hold, I can always use 3m vhb tape if the included starts to fail.

AndyMcConnell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR, 2018 Entegra Insignia 44R
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered this today, got a good black Friday deal. Takes a week or two to make and ship. I'll post my experience with it after the install. Northridge 4x4 and coverking both make install videos. As to if the adhesive strips will hold, I can always use 3m vhb tape if the included starts to fail.

It works great so far. Been in for about 3 weeks in ours, and the gel tape they use holds fine, but I did add some additional VHB tape in a few areas where there are some gaps in the way it is attached - around rear glass over the tailgate is a prime example where it needed more adherence. Overall, it is quieter, and in the south Florida sun it keeps the inside surface cooler to the touch - not sure if it is really keeping any more heat out of the interior, but the Jeep AC handles the heat fine anyway. The improvement of the appearance is dramatic and that was the primary reason for my interest in it anyway.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Good to hear. I figured worst case scenario I could cut out portions of coverking in the freedom panels and add hot heads later. Those made a big difference in my jk here in arizona, but hopefully cover king will deal with some of that radiating heat from above.

How thin would you say the material is? I am installing a rhino rack back bone system and need to drill through hard top in a few spots. I will probably cut out holes where I need to drill.

Over all, I'm excited to get rid of that cheap Styrofoam cooler material look the current white underside has. The jk had a much better look and finish on the interior hard top than jl imho.

I would paint and get hot heads if I could stand a paint smell for God knows how long. But from the images , i think the coverking looks great

It works great so far. Been in for about 3 weeks in ours, and the gel tape they use holds fine, but I did add some additional VHB tape in a few areas where there are some gaps in the way it is attached - around rear glass over the tailgate is a prime example where it needed more adherence. Overall, it is quieter, and in the south Florida sun it keeps the inside surface cooler to the touch - not sure if it is really keeping any more heat out of the interior, but the Jeep AC handles the heat fine anyway. The improvement of the appearance is dramatic and that was the primary reason for my interest in it anyway.[/QUOT
Sponsored