Courtesy lights in the footwell

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Only one of the two LED light cubes in the courtesy lights in bilateral foot wells illuminates when entering the vehicle or engaging the engine. I’ve seen in pictures/videos on YouTube where it looks like both of those are shining. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I just seeing a glare off of the video or photos from others.

8032D569-ACB4-4240-B0B3-FAD03F1A94D7.jpeg
Sponsored

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Only one of the two LED light cubes in the courtesy lights in bilateral foot wells illuminates when entering the vehicle or engaging the engine. I’ve seen in pictures/videos on YouTube where it looks like both of those are shining. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I just seeing a glare off of the video or photos from others.

Jeep Wrangler JL Courtesy lights in the footwell 8032D569-ACB4-4240-B0B3-FAD03F1A94D7
They both glow when the door is open. The small one is what illuminates your feet when you are driving at night. I cut some 3M brake light repair plastic and stuck over them the small ones. It gives a very nice look.
Made a post here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-bright-white-build.48423/page-4#post-1098052

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Well, if I can replace my head unit, replace my HVAC control cluster, add XM antenna, then “by golly” I am going to find a way to add a slight hue of blueish white LED glow to my feet while I drive my four wheels of freedom!! ‘Merica. To be continued.......
Jeep Wrangler JL Courtesy lights in the footwell 057D679F-6A6C-441E-A9B0-25A0241200FF

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have the sport which apparently does not have that option. So the second LED is dormant. Stupid!
Curious .... have you looked to see if your Sport has the harness / wiring there and just the LED light assembly itself is missing..

Look in driver's foot well for an unused connector. Below is a pic of the connector with the LED assembly plugged into the connector you will be looking for..
Jeep Wrangler JL Courtesy lights in the footwell Footwell-wires

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Curious .... have you looked to see if your Sport has the harness / wiring there and just the LED light assembly itself is missing..

Look in driver's foot well for an unused connector. Below is a pic of the connector with the LED assembly plugged into the connector you will be looking for..
Jeep Wrangler JL Courtesy lights in the footwell Footwell-wires
Will do.

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Would this be an additional harness? I have an LED module in place which illuminates when the door is opened, but does not provide ambient light.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
You need to look at the actual wires going to the connector that the LED assembly you have plugs in to.

Do you see three wires in ... as displayed in the picture I posted earlier?

IF you have a connector with the exact same 3 wires you may just need to remove your current LED assembly and plug in a different LED assembly.

I really haven't looked nor do I know, but take a looksee.. 8-)

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
There was another post somewhere where sport s owner (18 or 19?) bought the LED module with 2 LEDs from Rub/Sahara, but the wiring wasn’t there to activate the driving footwell lights.

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
My is 2020, let’s hope they added it. I’ll have to check when I get a shot.
Sponsored