Sponsored

Courtesy lights fuse?

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I am looking for the courtesy lights fuse. Any clue which it is?
I want to tap into it for my step sides lights.

Thanks!
Sponsored

itstotalbacon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
I ran a wire through the fire wall and tapped directly into the wire .... That would be an alternative

OP
OP
srt20

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I ran a wire through the fire wall and tapped directly into the wire .... That would be an alternative
This is done on the passenger side?

I guess I'd prefer to go directly to fuse box, but not against going into the interior if I have to.

itstotalbacon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
you bet ... on the passenger side, you will see a rubber gromet with the main wire harness in the middle. I was able to get an end of a coat hanger poked through (stay to the side so you dont enter the main harness). I then attached my trigger wire for my lights with some electrical tape to the hanger and pulled it back through.

It did take me a couple tries since the wire kept coming off the hanger. Make sure you tape the wire a few inches onto the hanger and use enough tape so it stays. I then tapped into the hot side of the foot well light using a small t-tap. I think the hot wire on my sport was a yellow/white wire. I think the other was black. Rubicons may have 3 wires ... so may need to use a test light to see which on has power when you open the door.

itstotalbacon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Here's a great write up for the ROAM lights .... basically followed this exactly, except I made my own harness instead of ordering.
Sponsored