Sponsored

ReggieFred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
Copying everyone else's design is exactly the shit that happens in China. So yeah - cheers to these judges for their decision!
We can stop dealing with china anytime we want, but money is more important than oversight or punishment. That’s why we have a problem. The Chinese government is the entity that makes the deal with outsiders and they end up owning rights to those deals. Corporations know that and complain about their agreement. It’s only chest pounding.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Wow! :surprised:

Okay I am retracting back to my cave and focused on other Jeep topics such as one can never have too many stickers on the Jeep or yesterday I found out one BIG detriment of having the top off my Jeep - I can SMELL everything - including the smell from the garbage truck that stop besides me at the traffic light. :whew:

Cheerio!
It's all good. You definitely aren't the only one that believed that it was just a copy.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I have heard of people doing this. The length dimensions are a little bit off, but anything is possible with enough welding rod. Most CJ stuff is a direct fit with it.

EcoLogicalFox

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebraveroad.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara; 2008 JK 2dr 2"lift, 1961 Willys Wagon Super Hurricane
Occupation
Digital Media Executive
The Roxor has some specs to put Wrangler to shame - 62 hp motor with tow rating of 3,400 pounds. How they do that?
Mahindra started as (and remains) a tractor company in India. Guarantee they have a tractor motor and gearing in there.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Mahindra started as (and remains) a tractor company in India. Guarantee they have a tractor motor and gearing in there.
Combination of this and the factory governor set at 45mph to ensure that the trailer does not push the ass end of the Jeep around.

EcoLogicalFox

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebraveroad.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara; 2008 JK 2dr 2"lift, 1961 Willys Wagon Super Hurricane
Occupation
Digital Media Executive
I lived in India for six years and here's the reason they went after Mahindra. Mahindra jeeps have been wheeling around India for decades. Remember the old Willys ad "The sun never sets on the Mighty Jeep!"? Well that's because Willys sold turnkey factories around the world. Those factories were licensed. Seeing as you can still buy a brand new Mahindra Jeep in India today, I have to assume they are using the same license. This vehicle departed from that on a few cases including entering a competing market -the US with a Jeep product. I'm sure that's what riled Fiat

copy2.png