Sponsored

Couple questions - USB drives & music in Wrangler/Rubicon

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Finally bit the bullet and have a new 2021 Rubicon on order. I'm pretty excited about it except for one thing....And that's not having a CD player. Anyways, I'm trying to prepare my music library as I wait for the car and just had a couple questions. I have the 7 Inch radio with the Alpine system coming in the car.

First, is there a size limit on the USB drives you can use in the Wrangler/UConnect systems? My Acadia that i'm trading in basically had a 32 GB limit on the USB drive before it would get wonky. I'm thinking about probably using a 64 GB drive.

Second, any idea what format the drive has to be in? I think my Acadia had to be FAT32. Lots of the bigger USB drives are coming in NTFS format though I think. I know I can reformat....Just wondering what to use as I load music on.

Third, how do you guys organize your music on the USB itself? On my Acadia USB, all I've done is just drop about 500 songs on it with no folders. I usually just play that random when I'm not listening to my CD player. However, I'm wanting a better way to organize this time around as I plan to have one USB with random songs and a second USB with just full albums that would replace my CD listening. Would you have a folder for each artist and then list the albums by that artist in folders under that artist? And then the songs themselves in the album folders? Or is that overkill since you can just search by artist, album, etc anyways if files are tagged correctly? Just not sure how I want to organize the USB with full albums.

Just looking for some ideas as to how others are handling it. On one hand it will be nice having more music in my car.....But I'll still miss the CD experience as that's the way I've listened to most of my music. I just like listening to albums in order.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@tts42572

You must format your thumb drive to Fat32 or no go in the JL.

Guys have reported up to 128 GB thumb drives work aok.

Good luck with folders.. :giggle: