Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings fellow Jeepers!

Couple of quick questions, if you don't mind! I am picking up a JLU for the SO to go along with my WK2 in a few days. I use a wireless CarPlay adapter in my WK2, and was wondering if the USB plug in the console is a charge-only port or if it hooks up to the head unit? Also, anyone care to share the location of the Security Gateway Bypass Module? I use AlfaOBD to mod my WK2 with the module, and was hoping I can use the same in the JLU.
Sponsored

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Greetings fellow Jeepers!

Couple of quick questions, if you don't mind! I am picking up a JLU for the SO to go along with my WK2 in a few days. I use a wireless CarPlay adapter in my WK2, and was wondering if the USB plug in the console is a charge-only port or if it hooks up to the head unit? Also, anyone care to share the location of the Security Gateway Bypass Module? I use AlfaOBD to mod my WK2 with the module, and was hoping I can use the same in the JLU.
There are USB ports on front dash, in glove box and in rear seating area on the console. The usb port on the front dash plugs into head unit so you can play music from usb drive or phone.

Some in glove box and for rear seating area are for charging only, some that connects to head unit. Read manual.

sxm1298

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
IT Business Relationship Manager
I am using the Carlinkit wireless CarPlay adaptor in the center console USB plug and so far it has worked out great.

OP
OP
OldBlue

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I am using the Carlinkit wireless CarPlay adaptor in the center console USB plug and so far it has worked out great.
Thanks! That's the answer I was hoping for! I didn't want to have to velcro the adapter to the dash or something.

Anybody have any feedback on AlfaOBD and the Security Gateway Bypass Module? Hopefully what I already have for my WK2 will work on the JLU, just not sure where it's located.
Sponsored