Sponsored

Couldn't help myself... JLUR in Billet Silver Metallic

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Golf GTI SE, 2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2019 Ducati Panigale 959 Corse, 2019 Yamaha Raptor 700SE
Vehicle Showcase
I own a TJ already that I purchased last summer. That was my first time owning a Wrangler. I've wanted a Wrangler since high school, but for some reason I've never bought one. It always seemed like the TJs with the 4.0L and a manual were too hard to find without paying a small fortune. Especially in MI where everything rusts out due to road salt. When the JKs came out I read a bunch of reviews about how the 3.7Ls were underpowered. When the 3.6L came out I had high hopes, but there were head issues and issues with sludging due to sand/casting. They started to "get it right" after a couple years of the Pentastar being out, and started putting it in everything so trust in it began to rise. I almost pulled the trigger on a JK when talks of the JL started rumbling and spy shots started surfacing. It was hard to wait.

I'm glad I did.
I was going to wait until the second model year before I bought my JLUR, but when my local dealer got one in, I had to go look at it. It was a completely loaded out Firecracker Red JLUR, and it was sold already... but it was still in the showroom to see because the buyer was on vacation. After seeing it, I had to have one. More waiting be damned.

The deal was sealed when I checked one of the local dealers' websites and they had two fairly loaded JLURs with $4700 off the sticker price as a "Internet Sales Price." That did it. I dropped what I was doing and headed over. I asked about what I'd seen on the site but the sales person didn't know what I was talking about. "We don't have either of those." He did some digging and found out that they had come in that morning. The Internet sales manager had JUST put them online. They hadn't been prepped, no pictures taken or anything. I bought mine and the other one sold while I was doing paperwork. It's crazy how fast these things are selling, especially when they throw money on the hood.

I honestly don't know why they had them discounted, and neither does the salesperson. He said that they've been flying out the door as soon as they come in, and it's been that way for a month now. Oh well... This one had everything I would have ordered it with, with the exception of the Cold Weather Package (but it does have remote start so not a huge deal), and painted fenders. I can live with it for -$4700 though. haha. Plus given the crap that I'm now seeing get thrown up on these fenders due to winter driving, painted fenders may have been a bad choice.

I've got just under 500 miles on it now, and I'm loving it. I was stoked to see an old school forum too... since everything else has gone to crappy platforms like Facebook. It's good to be here with you all. Happy Jeeping!

JL.jpg
Sponsored

GhostlyRides

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Sales Consultant
Congrats! I have a 2007 JKU and it is up for sale. As soon as the 07 sales I will be making my way down to the local Jeep dealer and picking up a JLUR as well, love the look of the new Jeeps. Congrats again!

on--belay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Recon, JLUR on order, 2 summer cars, 2 summer Ducs
Started reading, and I thought to myself, this sounds familiar, then saw your pic of Zeiglers and knew why. I saw that red one pop up on their site, was going to go look at it from the zoo, but then Hayes got in a black one with exact same sticker, they matched the $4700 off and I special ordered with a few more things. I really thought about the billet, looks sharp!

OP
OP
i64X

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Golf GTI SE, 2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2019 Ducati Panigale 959 Corse, 2019 Yamaha Raptor 700SE
Vehicle Showcase
Started reading, and I thought to myself, this sounds familiar, then saw your pic of Zeiglers and knew why. I saw that red one pop up on their site, was going to go look at it from the zoo, but then Hayes got in a black one with exact same sticker, they matched the $4700 off and I special ordered with a few more things. I really thought about the billet, looks sharp!
Haha good eye! It'll be sweet to see more JL representation in West MI. Hope to wave at you soon. :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
i64X

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome read! Glad it worked out for you. If you still got your TJ throw some side by side pics up.
Here's my TJ, and the two together.

TJ.jpg

TJandJL.jpg

OP
OP
i64X

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to compare since the TJ is so old, but it's nice being able to put both kids in the back of the Unlimited and still having room for more than a backpack behind them. The only thing I don't like about the 2 door is that there's basically zero room in the back if you have to carry people.

Sponsored

OP
OP
i64X

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a nice TJ! Very clean. Which one do you like better? Ha
Kinda like the JL better since I can drive it in the snow without feeling like I’m going to die on slippery road surfaces. With no ABS and Detroit Lockers, the TJ is a handful on slippery stuff.

mde8965

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack; 2016 BMW X3
Hard to compare since the TJ is so old, but it's nice being able to put both kids in the back of the Unlimited and still having room for more than a backpack behind them. The only thing I don't like about the 2 door is that there's basically zero room in the back if you have to carry people.
I love both vehicles. I have to wait until late summer or fall to place my JL order. It will be a JLU because of family. However I drool over 2 door wranglers, particularly the TJ. There are 2 local Jeep shops that buy stock ones and add a lift and some tires maybe beef up the rear end and sell them. They do them up right. In Florida rust isn’t an issue. But since this shop does the upgrades they charge for it. Typically they ask $14-$15k for a 4.0 manual with 2 or more inch lift, beefed up rear end and larger wheels and tires and some cosmetic stuff. They usually have around 100k miles. I am so tempted to get one!!! Then hold off on my JL purchase till next year.
Sponsored