Sponsored

Could someone check if the lease numbers have been released since its January?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Damnnn lol. I can get a loaded out Grand Cherokee with a Hemi for under $500/month It truly is insane how much they charge for these Wranglers. Thank you so much for your help brother, respect.
I updated my post. I had over calculated the cash due at signing. I got confused on the tax. You only pay tax on the leased amount.

Yes - the rates on the Wrangler are high and the Sahara has the lowest residual of all of them. You could actually get a more expensive Rubicon for the same monthly payment.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Does the residual and money factor stay pretty much the same month after month or those will improve after the demand goes down?
They change a little here and there. What I am assuming is unreasonably high money factors which we saw on the JK as well. They may even open higher. We don't have them yet. I don't expect them to go down over time. As a matter of fact as rates rise in general they will probably go up a little over time.

Residuals are pretty much in line with JK. I don't expect them to get any higher.

FCA doesn't do factory incentives on the Wrangler so unless they missed the market and overpriced them (which I don't think they did) I don't think they will change much.

OP
OP
kacper244

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
They change a little here and there. What I am assuming is unreasonably high money factors which we saw on the JK as well. They may even open higher. We don't have them yet. I don't expect them to go down over time. As a matter of fact as rates rise in general they will probably go up a little over time.

Residuals are pretty much in line with JK. I don't expect them to get any higher.

FCA doesn't do factory incentives on the Wrangler so unless they missed the market and overpriced them (which I don't think they did) I don't think they will change much.
Okay, thanks for all the help! I might have to skip on the Safety Group and Convenience Group to get close to my $300/month goal. What options are you looking to get? At this point it looks like I'll be getting Auto trans, Technology Group, and Hard Top only.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Okay, thanks for all the help! I might have to skip on the Safety Group and Convenience Group to get close to my $300/month goal. What options are you looking to get? At this point it looks like I'll be getting Auto trans, Technology Group, and Hard Top only.
My build right now is:

- Premium Soft Top
- Technology Group
- Side Steps
- Alternate Wheels
- LSD

The Side Step I could buy aftermarket for less, but it only saves like $300. Or I could get rock rails and ACE Sliders but that will end up costing about the same but would be off-road ready.
I like the Limited Slip but I was going to do without it. But right now it is required for Manual. That may change in the future.
The thing that is killing me is the alternate wheels. I just can't warm up to the standard wheels. I was consoling myself that at least I was getting all-terrain tires, but now I get them with the LSD anyhow.

So I could scale all the way back to just the Technology Group and Premium Soft Top if necessary and then just try to get take-offs to fill it out. But I was really planning to keep this one stock and then flip it in 3 years for one that I will keep longer and build. My budget is $350 so I think I am ok.

OP
OP
kacper244

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My build right now is:

- Premium Soft Top
- Technology Group
- Side Steps
- Alternate Wheels
- LSD

The Side Step I could buy aftermarket for less, but it only saves like $300. Or I could get rock rails and ACE Sliders but that will end up costing about the same but would be off-road ready.
I like the Limited Slip but I was going to do without it. But right now it is required for Manual. That may change in the future.
The thing that is killing me is the alternate wheels. I just can't warm up to the standard wheels. I was consoling myself that at least I was getting all-terrain tires, but now I get them with the LSD anyhow.

So I could scale all the way back to just the Technology Group and Premium Soft Top if necessary and then just try to get take-offs to fill it out. But I was really planning to keep this one stock and then flip it in 3 years for one that I will keep longer and build. My budget is $350 so I think I am ok.
The standard Sport S wheels are growing on me. They are not that bad tbh. I like them better than the JK Sport S wheels. I really like the Premium Soft Top but the only thing keeping me from getting it is that I drive a lot on the highway and the Hard Top is much quieter. Plus you get the defroster and wiper in the back.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The standard Sport S wheels are growing on me. They are not that bad tbh. I like them better than the JK Sport S wheels. I really like the Premium Soft Top but the only thing keeping me from getting it is that I drive a lot on the highway and the Hard Top is much quieter. Plus you get the defroster and wiper in the back.
I need a soft top. I need to be able to take the top down whenever I want. I drove a YJ daily for 7 years so I know the noise will be better than that. For trips we take my wife's Tahoe anyway.

bigbg25

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Patriot- waiting for a JL Upgrade
any update on lease info/ residuals on the JLs?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
any update on lease info/ residuals on the JLs?
Residuals are in Post #29 of this thread. No update on money factors yet.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
aaron from davedennis.com cjdr. we are leasing the JLs.. sample..40k sport s..0 down 10k @ 389.. contact aaron at 937.371.0261 if interested..
What is the money factor for tier 1? Is that Chrysler financing?

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So I was reviewing the Edmunds forums to see if there was any new information there (there wasn't).

A guy got a $379/month payment on a $39k JLU 39 months @ 12,000/year basically nothing down.

Even the moderator said that sounded like a great deal.

Then the guy got home AFTER buying the vehicle and calculated his residual - 78%!

At 78% that is not a great deal, even if that is a good payment (assuming tier 1 credit)

A high residual is not necessarily bad but you need to get a really low money factor and rock bottom payments to make up for still having almost 80% of the value remaining after 39 months.

At least review your residual value before you do the deal. If you are confused about leasing post here or PM me. Dealers aren't trying to screw people on leases necessarily but they know that if they get the payment to the right place they can pick up some juice on the financing. Which is fair as long as the customer knows what they are getting into.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kacper244

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I was reviewing the Edmunds forums to see if there was any new information there (there wasn't).

A guy got a $379/month payment on a $39k JLU 39 months @ 12,000/year basically nothing down.

Even the moderator said that sounded like a great deal.

Then the guy got home AFTER buying the vehicle and calculated his residual - 78%!

At 78% that is not a great deal, even if that is a good payment (assuming tier 1 credit)

A high residual is not necessarily bad but you need to get a really low money factor and rock bottom payments to make up for still having almost 80% of the value remaining after 39 months.

At least review your residual value before you do the deal. If you are confused about leasing post here or PM me. Dealers aren't trying to screw people on leases necessarily but they know that if they get the payment to the right place they can pick up some juice on the financing. Which is fair as long as the customer knows what they are getting into.
I spoke with Craig from Koons the other day and he confirmed the 74% residual for the Sport S Unlimited 36/10K lease, but then he said that the money factor is .00385. That seems extremely high.. You're ordering and leasing from Koons too right?

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Wow. MF of .00385 is 9.24% interest rate!

fyi to get interest rate from a money factor just multiply by 2400.
Sponsored