Sponsored

Could someone check if the lease numbers have been released since its January?

nola22

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 JKU willys
One thing to keep in mind with the independent/outside lessors (ally, US Bank, etc) is they sometimes have higher residuals because they will not calculate the residual on the full MSRP with all options, only the MSRP base price of that specific trim level. I know US Bank does is this way.

So while it may appear to be a higher residual (high 70's) vs Chrysler Capital (high 60's), make sure you do the full breakdown comparison between the 2, depending on your option level it might not be the better deal, Money Factor aside of course. . .
Sponsored

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I'm so screwed. I never leased before so I had no clue. God I am so screwed. It says on my paperwork that I can buy at the end of my 39 month lease for 32k even after the ton of money I put down on it.

F1fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
First post here -

I previously owned a TJ and looking to get back into a Wrangler. While I haven’t decided whether I would lease or buy, a local dealer presented the following lease deal to me. I lease my current car and, based upon my rudimentary knowledge of lease deals, this seemed pretty reasonable. However, I have never leased a Wrangler so I would love to hear any opinions you have:

Sport S JLU
MSRP - $41,565
Cap Cost (inclusive of dealer doc fees & destination) - $40,850
Zero down payment
39 Months
10K Annual miles
76% residual
.0015 Money factor
9.475% Kansas Tax rolled into monthly payments
= $379/ mo

While the monthly payment doesn’t seem too bad, I am concerned that the total finance changes make up 29% of the total cost of the lease (which is $14.7K). By comparison, I am currently leasing a 2017 M3 with a residual of 62%, .00067 MF, zero down, and the total finance charges are only 9.75% of the total lease cost ($27.5K).

I am looking at this deal the right way? My experience with BMW makes me think “high residual = good”, but the relatively high money factor makes the total finances charges a MUCH larger share of the overall cost.

Thanks for any insight!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
First post here -

I previously owned a TJ and looking to get back into a Wrangler. While I haven’t decided whether I would lease or buy, a local dealer presented the following lease deal to me. I lease my current car and, based upon my rudimentary knowledge of lease deals, this seemed pretty reasonable. However, I have never leased a Wrangler so I would love to hear any opinions you have:

Sport S JLU
MSRP - $41,565
Zero down payment
39 Months
10K Annual miles
76% residual
.0015 Money factor
= $379/ mo

While the monthly payment doesn’t seem too bad, I am concerned that the total finance changes make up 29% of the total cost of the lease (which is $14.7K). By comparison, I am currently leasing a 2017 M3 with a residual of 62%, .00067 MF, zero down, and the total finance charges are only 9.75% of the total lease cost ($27.5K).

I am looking at this deal the right way? My experience with BMW makes me think “high residual = good”, but the relatively high money factor makes the total finances charges a MUCH larger share of the overall cost.

Thanks for any insight!
For a wrangler those terms look good. Money factors are high with a wrangler. Payment looks about right given your high taxes.

Sponsored

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
First post here -

Sport S JLU
MSRP - $41,565
Zero down payment
39 Months
10K Annual miles
76% residual
.0015 Money factor
= $379/ mo

Thanks for any insight!
my lease was like this around same monthly payment but I had to put 3 grand down so what's the difference? is it bexuase i have fair credit?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
my lease was like this around same monthly payment but I had to put 3 grand down so what's the difference? is it bexuase i have fair credit?
Could be any number of things - money factor, residual, taxes, selling price, fees, etc. Would have to compare the 2 side by side to see for sure. I think in NY you are required to pay the taxes up front for example.