Sponsored

Could someone check if the lease numbers have been released since its January?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Wow you and @ThirtyOne opened my eyes to this shady practice. I’ve leased several BMWs and the money factors and residuals are widely publicized. BMW actually artificially boosts the residual but the money factor is always super low so payments are very reasonable. But at the end of the lease you are upside down. So if you want to buy the car from the lease the dealer has to agree to buy the car from BMW at a good discount usually then sell it to you for a small profit. But most walk away from these leases. Not many want to own a BMW out of warranty anyways. LOL
Perfect example of why every situation is different. If you are going to walk away from the lease it doesn't really matter about anything but the payment. Just know what you are getting and make an informed decision.
Sponsored

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I went to a dealer in NY last Thursday and put a 1k deposit down so far on a sport S 6 speed. they had a automatic that I test drove. The dealer told me a 10k mile lease with 3k down would be like 387 month but he forgot to factor in 1k I already paid off on my pay off on my old car (rolled into the estimated loan) so it could be around $375 month possibly. Does this sound like a decent price for a lease? my credit is not good only 661 but he said I should be fine after looking at my report. I'm still waiting for the jeep to be delivered to the dealer. He said it should be a few days

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I went to a dealer in NY last Thursday and put a 1k deposit down so far on a sport S 6 speed. they had a automatic that I test drove. The dealer told me a 10k mile lease with 3k down would be like 387 month but he forgot to factor in 1k I already paid off on my pay off on my old car (rolled into the estimated loan) so it could be around $375 month possibly. Does this sound like a decent price for a lease? my credit is not good only 661 but he said I should be fine after looking at my report. I'm still waiting for the jeep to be delivered to the dealer. He said it should be a few days
Unfortunately that can’t be answered “reasonably” without knowing the Money Factor and Residual Value he is using. Simply call him up and ask those numbers.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Thanks. is my deposit refundable if I decide they are ripping me off? I thought the deposit would of remained pending on my credit card until I actually bought the car but it seemed to clear already.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. is my deposit refundable if I decide they are ripping me off? I thought the deposit would of remained pending on my credit card until I actually bought the car but it seemed to clear already.
Deposit should most definitely be refundable....some dealerships might try otherwise though. When in doubt, an easy phone call to your credit card company to remedy that

Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
So my JL Sahara build, at 3% below invoice, comes to $46206.92. With NJ taxes etc, the total out the door is $50,654.82 .

No idea how to use the residuals posted, can one of you guys give me a fair monthly lease payment to look for?

I plan on paying taxes/fees up front, so $4,447.90 out of pocket.

My guy doesn’t have lease figures yet so I need a heads up from you guys. Thank you...
Why would you pay the taxes up front on a. Leese does not make sense

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deposit should most definitely be refundable....some dealerships might try otherwise though. When in doubt, an easy phone call to your credit card company to remedy that
All deposits are refundable it’s the law

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Why would you pay the taxes up front on a. Leese does not make sense
if you plan on keeping it like me. lease was only way to get my payments in my price range $380 compared to $625 with a regular loan.

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can do it. Can you give me the tax %, tags/license, and doc fees? The way my lease calculator works it helps to have them separate
I updated my post. I had over calculated the cash due at signing. I got confused on the tax. You only pay tax on the leased amount.

Yes - the rates on the Wrangler are high and the Sahara has the lowest residual of all of them. You could actually get a more expensive Rubicon for the same monthly payment.
I was joust thinking same thing Rubicon if you add options you can have lower payment because residual goes up

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A .00165 money factor is very good for a Wrangler.

Agree that if you have the money to put down and you want to keep the Jeep for a while the loan is a better deal.

Thanks for sharing!

Edit: I answered too quickly and said the residual was high. For 10,000 miles that could be a good residual especially if it is a Rubicon.
Which deal is better for lease and why 36,39,42 months

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Which deal is better for lease and why 36,39,42 months
I like 36 because you are under warranty the whole time. But generally i would say do the math and decide for yourself.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I rushed into mine without figuring out the residual value when my lease is up. Any idea how I can figure this out with my paper work? I put all my effort into getting the msrp down that I totaly left all the important stuff. I plan on buying after my leasing is up.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I rushed into mine without figuring out the residual value when my lease is up. Any idea how I can figure this out with my paper work? I put ally effort into getting msrp down that I totaly left all the important stuff out. sucks
Did you execute the lease deal yet? If not, just ask your dealer. If you have then check your lease paperwork or call the financing company.

If your payment is good then the rest will probably be ok. Residual only matters if you want to buy out or trade out at the end.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Yeah my plan was to buy out at the end but I made a big mistake by putting taxes down on it.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yeah my plan was to buy out at the end but I made a big mistake by putting taxes down on it.
That's not necessarily the big mistake that everyone makes you think. I don't really buy into the "never put money on a lease" argument.

On the other hand, buying out a lease on a Wrangler is a pretty expensive proposition because residuals are so high.

Get as many details as you can and post them or PM me.
Sponsored